Analysts pile on Apple following revenue guidance miss

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    billearl said:
    Time for Apple to disrupt another industry.
    Yeah, that would be nice. They typically do that when the long term trend for a product is falling off. Could be AR glasses (and I still can’t see that as a market bigger than the iPhone and iPad), could be car services or their own vehicle, could even be credit and banking!
    Banking please!!!  It’s a cosseted industry ripe for change.  And if course, it where the money is!  Navigating Government regulations will be a bitch though.  Need more influence in D.C.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 27
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    MacPro said:
    volcan said:
     I gues that makes me part of the problem. Still using an iPhone 6 and had my battery replaced for $29. Actually they just gave me a refurbiruished phone which I plan to keep using as long as it still works. I’m not a power user, just text, email, phone, casual photography, some music, but nothing that requires the latest technology.

i also have older Macs, iPads and Apple Watch. Haven’t spent a dime on Apple hardware in around four years or more.
    In fact, your a great ad for Apple products when you think about it.
    Actually I may have misspoke. After remembering I did buy an Air for the girls and a couple iPhone 7 for wife and older daughter which was a few years ago as well as an Apple TV 4 whenever that was released probably a couple years. I don’t ever use those devices so I sort of forgot about it Sorry about that. But my point is their stuff lasts a long time.
    edited January 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,778member
    MacPro said:
    Fear not Tim, my wife has lost her iPad Pencil, so there's another sale coming ...  ;)

Seriously folks, didn't I read somewhere that this will be Apple's Second best quarter ever?
    It depends how you define “best,” but earnings per share (arguably the most important metric) will still be the #1 best ever, which certainly places it among the most profitable quarters for any business in the history of the world, and most likely more than Microsoft, Alphabet and Amazon’s profits combined.  Meanwhile, millions of iPhones in China are three months closer to requiring an upgrade. 
    wow
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 27
    That’s not a pile on. This is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vrFOr8oF95A
  • Reply 25 of 27
    billearl said:
    I suggest they fix their core Mac (and iPad) lineup before chasing new markets.  So many Mac-related hardware and software issues in recent years.  I still can’t fathom how they let the first-generation butterfly keyboard ship, nor can I understand how they let Bendgate 2.0 happen with the iPad Pro, as if they learnt nothing from the iPhone 6.  This to me suggests internal structural or competency problems they should work on.

Their pricing too is off the mark, especially the BTO upgrade prices.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    s.metcalf said:d 
    billearl said:
    I suggest they fix their core Mac (and iPad) lineup before chasing new markets.  So many Mac-related hardware and software issues in recent years.  I still can’t fathom how they let the first-generation butterfly keyboard ship, nor can I understand how they let Bendgate 2.0 happen with the iPad Pro, as if they learnt nothing from the iPhone 6.  This to me suggests internal structural or competency problems they should work on.

Their pricing too is off the mark, especially the BTO upgrade prices.
    There is no bend gate. The internet amplifies everything. 10 people could have an issue and the internet would make it looks like 10,000 had that issue.
    randominternetpersonwatto_cobra