Nomad debuts new natural leather Apple Watch bands and AirPods case

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Accessory maker Nomad has taken the wraps off its latest accessories -- a modern leather Apple Watch band and an AirPods case both in a new natural leather finish.

Nomad natural leather Apple Watch Modern Strap and AirPods Rugged Case
Nomad natural leather Apple Watch Modern Strap and AirPods Rugged Case

AppleInsider has reviewed both Nomad's excellent Apple Watch straps and relatively new AirPods Rugged Case in the past and was keen on the high quality of the leather used.

As it ages, the Horween leather used in both the case and strap develops a rich patina, unique to each person.

Nomad natural leather Apple Watch Modern Strap
Nomad natural leather Apple Watch Modern Strap after 100 days

Out of the box, the band and case look a little light, but Nomad shared photos of the band after months of use and it differs drastically.

Nomad's products traditionally skew more masculine so these new bands add a bit of neutral touch to appeal to a broader audience. The band will be available in either gold or silver hardware exclusively for the 38/40mm Apple Watches.

Both the band and the AirPods case are available to order now. The band will run $59.95 and the AirPods Rugged Case will run $29.95.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Dunno why anyone would want an AirPod case that didn't have a neat hook for attaching to a keychain or bag, but to each his own.

That watch band is pretty deluxe, though. I'd rock one if I hadn't already bought a similar "regular" watch band and put a couple third-party Watch connectors on it…
  • Reply 2 of 2
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    Eric_WVGG said:
    to each his own.
    That's right. Choice is a great thing. I've got the Nomad case for my AirPods and like it a lot. 'My own' is that I don't need or want a hook.  I really like the look of the case and it fits neatly in any pocket. Nomad did a great job with it.

I'm not a fan of the watch band shown, though. It looks plain to my eye, not elegant, and it somewhat overpowers the more elegant look of the Watch with its own plain-Jane look. I have a couple of nice looking third-party bands but they look bulky and belong on a bigger watch.

I ended up with what I think is the best looking leather band for it, though pricey, Apple's own brown Classic Buckle leather band. Elegant with nice detail. There are cheaper that look ok but I don't think most of them match the Watch well or they don't last long.