iPad only stays on for 10 seconds and then dies even though battery is full

Posted:
in iPad
Ive had this iPad Air 2 for about 2 years now. And today it started to not turn on, when I hold the power button or try to turn it on then it shows the red battery icon signalling its not charged, however its been plugged in all night. Then after pressing the power button for about 10 times, the apple logo screen shows up and then it goes to my passcode, when I enter my passcode it will stay on for about 10 seconds, and then die again. This process has been happening over and over again. Please help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Try a force restart first. Press the home button and the power button together and hold for about ten seconds.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Try a force restart first. Press the home button and the power button together and hold for about ten seconds.
    I can't do that because it keeps on restarting/dying. When it does show the White apple screen, and when right when I enter the passcode it crashes and restarts the whole process again.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Zenron said:
    I can't do that because it keeps on restarting/dying. When it does show the White apple screen, and when right when I enter the passcode it crashes and restarts the whole process again.
    This sounds very much like a trip to the genius bar is in order. This feels like a hardware failure of some sort.
    SpamSandwich