Mojave at Mac mini 2011 (unsupported) - as Server / remove access

Posted:
in macOS
Apple officially not support Mojave at this Mac Mini 2011 Intel I7 .

Why macOS Mojave requires Metal — and deprecates OpenGL

I plan to use this Mac Mini for remote access and run Python / Postgresql DB, not gaming / not heavy graphic app.

Should I keep High Sierra or I can just run Mojave and get all latest Mac OSX security patch?
I wonder what I really gain from Mojave .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Apple officially not support Mojave at this Mac Mini 2011 Intel I7 .

Why macOS Mojave requires Metal — and deprecates OpenGL

I plan to use this Mac Mini for remote access and run Python / Postgresql DB, not gaming / not heavy graphic app.

Should I keep High Sierra or I can just run Mojave and get all latest Mac OSX security patch?
    I wonder what I really gain from Mojave .
    High Sierra will get security patches for a few more years at least.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    xyayxxyayx Posts: 7member
    You can run Mojave if you want via DosDude1 hack. It is possible to get the latest features and it is possible to update as well. However, I'd recommend Mojave only if you use Xcode or other apps that really require Mojave.
    You don't gain much. Personally, I like High Sierra better, because of The Mac App Store, but I have tested Mojave on unsupported Mac (MBP7,1) and it worked flawlessly. The speed was about the same.
    I remember in older days when I tested Mountain Lion on MacBook 4,1 (which officially supported Lion only) and Mountain Lion was faster. That kinda upset me as in why Apple would drop a 4 year old computer.