FaceTime camera alignment - MacBook Pro Late 2018 '15

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Hi everyone, an OCD/Mac perfectionist question regarding my new 15 inch MacBook Pro - latest model...

When I look at the camera it appears there is more black space above the camera to the top edge of the bezel and there is less space below down to the edge of the screen. Thus it's not quite perfectly in the middle from a vertical perspective...

I just want to know if this is intended or if the design of my particular unit mighty be slightly defective? I have heard mixed opinions from various store and support reps. I also have seen other units where the camera does appear more in the middle (vertically); but it could be my eyes.  

Has anyone noticed this on their machine? Is the alignment "normal" ? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    eriander said:
    Hi everyone, an OCD/Mac perfectionist question regarding my new 15 inch MacBook Pro - latest model...

When I look at the camera it appears there is more black space above the camera to the top edge of the bezel and there is less space below down to the edge of the screen. Thus it's not quite perfectly in the middle from a vertical perspective...

I just want to know if this is intended or if the design of my particular unit mighty be slightly defective? I have heard mixed opinions from various store and support reps. I also have seen other units where the camera does appear more in the middle (vertically); but it could be my eyes.  

Has anyone noticed this on their machine? Is the alignment "normal" ? Thanks so much!
    This sounds like every other 2016-2018 15-inch MBP that I've ever seen, including this one that I'm typing on now.
    eriander