Apple's March 25 'It's show time' event will be live streamed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2019
Apple has updated its live event streaming page in preparation of the March 25 Apple News and video event, inviting people to watch the live stream broadcast from the Steve Jobs Theater.

Apple's live stream page, updated for the March 2019 Special Event
Apple's live stream page, updated for the March 2019 Special Event

The livestream page offers few clues for what to expect. The page is simply titled "Apple Special Event" and includes basic details for when and where the event will take place, as well as what time to start watching the stream. The other main element of the page is a large graphic showing the Apple logo below a spotlight, most likely referencing the "It's show time" element of the media invitations.

The site advises users can watch the stream on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10 or later using Safari, a Mac using Safari on macOS Sierra 10.12 or later, or a PC using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. Streaming to the Apple TV requires AirPlay and a second-generation or later model running the latest tvOS update.

It is noted other platforms may be able to access the stream, using "recent versions of Chrome or Firefox," with support for MSE, H.264 and AAC required.

As usual, Apple has not offered up any announcement of what it plans to launch at the event, but it is currently believed to center around services instead of hardware. In particular, attention will be focused on its updated news offering, with the addition of a subscription service.

It is also expected that Apple will reveal information about its long-rumored streaming video service, though its launch may not be until later in the year.

While unlikely, it is possible for hardware to make an appearance at the event. Last year's education-focused March event did involve hardware releases, including an updated iPad.

Supply chain reports and analyst speculation points to Apple releasing numerous new products across the entirety of 2019. Even so, the only items being proposed for a March unveiling are more updated iPads, the long-awaited AirPower charging pad, and potentially a new iPod touch.

AppleInsider will be at the March event where we expect Apple's news and video services to dominate. Keep up with our coverage by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS and follow us follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider on Twitter and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Apple streaming program it is. Too bad. I don’t subscribe any Apple service after iTunes robbed me over $150 for my 4 years-old’s accidental in-app purchases in 1 game and they refused to refund it. Fck iTunes forever!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    fallenjt said:
    Apple streaming program it is. Too bad. I don’t subscribe any Apple service after iTunes robbed me over $150 for my 4 years-old’s accidental in-app purchases in 1 game and they refused to refund it. Fck iTunes forever!
    They didn't rob you, you gave a 4 year old a device without any parental controls turned on and in-app-purchases enabled — that's on you. That said, the same happened to my father and my nephew who was visiting, and Apple resolved it via email support. Maybe you were rude to the person assisting you?
    chasm
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Just in time to save us from DirecTV Now (and others) constant price hikes (I hope 🤞🏻)
    chasm
  • Reply 4 of 6
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,296member
    fallenjt said:
    Who gave your 4-year-old access to your iTunes password AND credit card info? Was that Apple? Or was it ... a very irresponsible parent who's using the iPhone as a babysitter?
    fastasleep
  • Reply 5 of 6
    benji888benji888 Posts: 135member
    Uh, if you have an Apple TV there’s no need to AirPlay to it, just watch on Apple’s Special Events channel...this used to include ATV3, I assume this is still the case.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 6 of 6
    benji888 said:
    Uh, if you have an Apple TV there’s no need to AirPlay to it, just watch on Apple’s Special Events channel...this used to include ATV3, I assume this is still the case.

It is. There's always the Apple Events app.