Disney completes $70B acquisition of Fox assets, reaps 40% of movie industry

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    "While Apple and Disney has had a close corporate relationship for many years, the deal could eventually see Disney CEO Bob Iger be asked to leave the Apple board if Disney uses its new-found strength to influence the iPhone maker unduly. There is already the suggestion a request to exit may be made if there are concerns Iger could learn about Apple's video strategy, though that has yet to take place."

Since the announcement is right around the corner I suspect Iger already is aware of Apple's video strategy. :/
    I'm sure he has known for a long time hence the Fox acquisition.  Reminds me of a similar advantage taking position held by Eric Shit.
    ...except that "Eric the Mole" wasn't installed on Apple's BoD until just five months or so before the iPhone was revealed publicly, not much time to take advantage of anything "inside" if that was his intent. I think that's accurate, perhaps you could verify. How long has Iger been there?

(Heck how long did Arthur Levinson have an inside serving Google and Apple at the same time yet zero concerns except at the SEC)
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 22 of 24
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    "While Apple and Disney has had a close corporate relationship for many years, the deal could eventually see Disney CEO Bob Iger be asked to leave the Apple board if Disney uses its new-found strength to influence the iPhone maker unduly. There is already the suggestion a request to exit may be made if there are concerns Iger could learn about Apple's video strategy, though that has yet to take place."

Since the announcement is right around the corner I suspect Iger already is aware of Apple's video strategy. :/
    I'm sure he has known for a long time hence the Fox acquisition.  Reminds me of a similar advantage taking position held by Eric Shit.
    ...except that "Eric the Mole" wasn't installed on Apple's BoD until just five months or so before the iPhone was revealed publicly, not much time to take advantage of anything "inside" if that was his intent. I think that's accurate, perhaps you could verify. How long has Iger been there?

(Heck how long did Arthur Levinson have an inside serving Google and Apple at the same time yet zero concerns except at the SEC)
    ... and five months isn't long enough to bring the 'Blackerry's concepts' to a screeching halt and switch gears? Promoting Andy Rubin's work that might not have seemed so important prior to the 'Moles' intercepts?  I have to assume Andy had gone a long way down the road already. Steve certainly didn't seem too enamored with Eric at the time and I'd bet he knows more than either of us about all this. 

Besides, that's not my main point. The Fox acquisition was.
    edited March 2019
  • Reply 23 of 24
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Oh good, I'm looking forward to see what they'll force feminism and LGBT stuff into next.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:
    MacPro said:
    gatorguy said:

Steve certainly didn't seem too enamored with Eric at the time and I'd bet he knows more than either of us about all this.
    Enamored enough to keep him around another 2 years+.