Mark Zuckerberg joins Tim Cook in calls for privacy, electoral integrity legislation

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,254member
    dysamoria said:
    hexclock said:
    This will go nowhere in the U.S.  --  Trump relies on a network of paid Russian, Saudi and right wing trolls to spread divisiveness, propaganda and Alternative Facts in order to gain and retain control of our country.   (Ads and surveys are only a superficial, top layer of that network.)
    I’d be more worried about the attempted coups that the FBI, CIA, and the DNC almost pulled off. 
    Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere. 
    So the Russia thing wasn’t a conspiracy? Please. 
    edited April 2019
  • Reply 22 of 24
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,254member

hexclock said:
    This will go nowhere in the U.S.  --  Trump relies on a network of paid Russian, Saudi and right wing trolls to spread divisiveness, propaganda and Alternative Facts in order to gain and retain control of our country.   (Ads and surveys are only a superficial, top layer of that network.)
    I’d be more worried about the attempted coups that the FBI, CIA, and the DNC almost pulled off. 
    Is that what the paid Russian trolls told you or the paid right wing trolls?
    hexclock said:
    Well I guess we’ll find out soon enough, once those FISA docs are declassified. 
    edited April 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    hexclock said:

hexclock said:
    hexclock said:
    Well I guess we’ll find out soon enough, once those FISA docs are declassified. 
    That won't stop the paid trolls (both Russian and right wing) from spreading their lies and conspiracy theories to the KoolAid drinkers.   That's the thing about propaganda and conspiracy theories -- they only have to have just enough fact to make them credible to the gullible, but the truth is irrelevant.

But the bottom line is that it is a new form of warfare -- or more correctly an old form that has been taken to a whole new level with technology.  That is why it needs the government attention that Facebook is asking for -- they can't fight that war on their own.