Lawsuit charges Apple with ignoring swelling Apple Watch batteries

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    The article doesn’t mention it but was the watch brought into an Apple Store for service? If so, what was the outcome? Or are they just trying to sue without even bothering to contact Apple at all?
    I thought the same. That watch was under original Apple Care first year warranty?  Why try and push a swelling battery in to attempt to fix it? Take it to an Apple store and they would replace it. This same thing happened to her Series 2.  I took it in thinking the adhesive may have been bad and it needed repair. As soon as the Genius saw it he showed and explained to me that it was the battery swelling that had pushed the screen away from the body of the watch. They replaced it with no other questions asked. It had to be sent out to be looked at since they do watch repairs in my local store, but 2 days later they called me and I picked up the replacement.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 23
    zroger73zroger73 Posts: 787member
    I had a S0 Apple Watch that popped its screen off due to a swollen battery while sitting at work one day a few months AFTER the one-year warranty expired. I called Apple and they told me to immediately take the watch off "for safety" and overnighted me a replacement and a return label at no cost to me.

I'll replace it with a S4 or whatever the newest version is when the replacement dies.
    edited April 2019 GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    zroger73 said:
    I had a S0 Apple Watch that popped its screen off due to a swollen battery while sitting at work one day a few months AFTER the one-year warranty expired. I called Apple and they told me to immediately take the watch off "for safety" and overnighted me a replacement and a return label at no cost to me.

I'll replace it with a S4 or whatever the newest version is when the replacement dies.
    I'm sort of in the same boat -- when the haptic engine in my Series 0 died under AppleCare, they shipped me a Series 1.  I would love to get a Series 4 (or now that they are so cheap (through ai's partners) a Series 3).   But I can't, in good conscience, do away with a fairly new watch in good condition. 
    watto_cobra