Second public beta builds of iOS 12.3, tvOS 12.3, and macOS 10.14.5 now available to downl...

Posted:
in iOS
Apple has issued the second public betas of iOS 12.3, tvOS 12.3, and macOS 10.14.5 for testing, just one day after the developer counterpart builds were offered up to download by participants in the test program.

Participants in the public Apple Beta Software Program can download the betas through the official website, or as an over-the-air update to enrolled devices. People signed up to the developer version can acquire their builds from the Apple Developer Center, which are provided at least a day earlier than the public versions.

Apple issued the second developer beta builds on Monday for all four operating systems. At the time of publication, public betas of iOS 12.3, tvOS 12.3, and macOS 10.14.5 are available, but watchOS 5.2.1 is not.

The public beta builds typically contain the same features as offered under the developer version. It is likely to be the case for the latest versions.

Both iOS 12.3 and tvOS 12.3 offer the redesigned TV app, which lays the groundwork for Apple TV+ and Apple TV Channels. For iOS, the Wallet app has been updated to have a longer transaction history, most likely an addition made in advance of the launch of the Apple Card.

The latest iOS 12.3 beta made more tweaks to the Wallet App, including the removal of empty icons and the addition of new transaction icons. A palm rejection bug on the iPad has also been fixed.

AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I was half hoping the new AppleTV iOS app would show up in the MacOS 10.14.5 too but it didn't.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Will Apple ever have iMessage text save draft(start creating text and leave iMessage app temporary to come back later to finish and send). This basic feature is in Android for years and why iPhone users don't ask for ?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    wood1208 said:
    Will Apple ever have iMessage text save draft(start creating text and leave iMessage app temporary to come back later to finish and send). This basic feature is in Android for years and why iPhone users don't ask for ?
    I'd settle for my Macs and i-devices Messages actually residing in the same universe.