Thousands of Amazon workers are listening in on Echo audio, report says [u]

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,655member
    apple ][ said:
    I'm glad that I don't have any Google or Amazon surveillance devices listening into any of my conversations.

I am also glad that I do not use Android for my mobile OS, as I do conduct banking transactions from my devices and I do use them to make payments. I protect my privacy and I care about my finances.

Can you imagine some rabid liberal working at Google or Amazon or Facebook or some other place listening into my private conversations? Haha. Not a chance in hell that I would ever trust them or any extremists working there, as they have been busted so many times in the past for their unethical behavior. They would probably embark on a private vendetta against me, because my private conversations would most definitely trigger some snowflake asshat that was working there.

I do not trust them, I do not trust their intentions and I do not believe what they claim.
    Why do you think that it's just "liberals" who are going to be listening to your private conversations and only liberals who would engage in unethical behavior?   That's completely ridiculous.   I can give you thousands of examples of unethical behavior by conservatives beginning with the man at the top.   

If you have a conversation about gay sex or discuss the possibility of an abortion with someone, who do you think is going to be more disturbed - a liberal or a conservative?

The fact is that anyone, of any political persuasion listening to my private speech is an invasion of one's privacy.  Some people won't care.  They'll trade the benefit of the convenience of these devices for their privacy.   I won't.  I suspect you won't either.   

Apple has been criticized for not including more functionality into HomePod, similar to what the competitive devices do.  But maybe that's a good thing.   Maybe because it's primarily geared to just playing music, it's far more secure, although I personally wouldn't use a Home Pod either.  
    fastasleepstevenoz
  • Reply 42 of 42
    friedmudfriedmud Posts: 165member
    Much ado about nothing.

Amazon is (justifiably) reviewing a tiny, random, anonymized sample of interactions with Alexa devices in order to make their service better.

You can even turn it off (although: after this... there may be a more explicit popup during the setup phase of your Alexa devices that asks you if this is ok).

My house is filled with Google Home devices (one in every room... two in my bedroom!).  Do I care if they record what happens after I say "Hey Google"?  Not in the slightest.  In fact... I hope they are so that they can keep making it better (it's already pretty excellent).