13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Micro

dot

• Reply 42 of 44
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>(Disclaimer: Some of you younger folks here may not understand the following statements, as you were too young to remember what is being talked about. Proceed with interest in history.)

Contra for the original Nintendo:

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-B-A-Start

The best feeling was getting the 30 guys, but making it ALL the way through the game with only one. I think I did it three times.

Feeling the thrill of victory as the helicopter flew away from the exploding island...ah, the memories. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Contra! Hells yeah...

that code will be ingrained in my memory forever.

[ 02-22-2003: Message edited by: ironchef82 ]</p>
  • Reply 43 of 44
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    You spoony Bard.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Playing Boulderdash Construction Kit. Awesome. Addictive. Foot tappin' Rockford. He de man.

The depth of Elite. Spellbinding. 8 galaxies and 2000 planets to explore with vector graphics, superb Blue Danube tune (when using Docking computer...) All on an 8 bit machine.

Impossible Mission. Ground breaking as it was breathtaking. Realistic running animation. The digital speech. Terrific puzzle game against the clock. The awesome room sounds. All on an 8 bit computer.

Paradroid. Innovative. Atmospheric. The brain transfer was like nothing out there at the time!

Marathon. All of them. 'Arrggggh.' The scream of death of the bots. The 3rd Party 'Boom' chainreaction map. Shoot one green man and they all pop in a chain reaction. Just hide in the antichambre and listen to the music. Superb atmosphere. (Doom, you listen'?) Sound effects of the aliens...gaggle...

Doom. First time I played that. What an atmosphere. Brought out the Al Pacino in me. Shot gun heaven.

Unreal Tournement. The 'Train' level. Best FPS map out there I've played. Awesome design. Superb. Especially falling on the rails for the first time (which I did an awful lot of times...) Beat out all the Quakes and Unreal 2003. Could be usurped by the majestic looking Unreal 2...

Lemon Bon Bon

If only I had the time to play games like I used to...