Renders of '2019 iPhone' depict square camera bump as part of rear glass

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    tht said:
    I hope the new camera system is worth the ugliness.
    It will be curious what the rationale for the triangular formation is. Who knows if Apple will brag about the triangular formation, so we may not know, but on the face of it, it’s not the most optimum way of packaging camera modules. The modules are usually square or rectangular.

Packaging them in a triangular manner seems like a waste of floor space.
    No, putting them in four quadrants would take up more space than the triangle plus flash tucked in. Look at the diameter of the lens circles. The entire container square would need to be wider to accommodate them in quadrants rather than offset in a triangle as they are in the render.
    edited April 2019 fastasleepdoozydozenAppleDumpling
  • Reply 22 of 33
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Hideous!!! PLEASE let it  NOT be true!🤞🤞🤞
    superkloton
  • Reply 23 of 33
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Eric_WVGG said:
    lkrupp said:
    Does ANYONE think this is legit? I don’t.
    Mmmmm… yeah, I do. Too many rumors from different sources saying the same thing…
    Not necessarily.. most regurgitate the same source/old rumors and renders and make it sound like its new.... 
    Never the less, I hope im right and u wrong..  the proportions and implementation look hideous.  Square is not the problem. Its the proportion and placement.
    I have seen other renders with a smaller, framed square  with better positioning that is sooo much better than the pic above.  
    I just cant wrap my head around this design.. its hideous !
    edited April 2019
  • Reply 24 of 33
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    I would say some renders looks hideous, while others... not so much.  The gap between cameras and borders makes a difference.

Still huge, but little better.

thtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 33
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,694member
    DuhSesame said:
    I would say some renders looks hideous, while others... not so much.  The gap between cameras and borders makes a difference.

That is how I saw it too. The very first rumour and render of this design left me unconvinced but definitely not hating it. Subsequent renders have seen me swing away from the look, especially the renders in this article which look awful but now I see the renders you have posted and once again I'm back at square one.

If that is the true idea and position, we are going to have to wait for leaks nearer the release date to gauge how it looks.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    So damn ugly, but I'll take it if it is such a step up on the camera front. In the end, I use a cover anyway. Still...very un-Apple design wise. 
  • Reply 27 of 33
    avon b7 said:
    DuhSesame said:

That is how I saw it too. The very first rumour and render of this design left me unconvinced but definitely not hating it. Subsequent renders have seen me swing away from the look, especially the renders in this article which look awful but now I see the renders you have posted and once again I'm back at square one.

If that is the true idea and position, we are going to have to wait for leaks nearer the release date to gauge how it looks.
    Maybe because the contrast between gold and black, or the larger iPhone make the lens looks smaller, or the angle you're viewing at, probably all three together.
    edited April 2019
  • Reply 28 of 33
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,304member
    The main problem I have with the speculative design is that it doesn’t look like it would work right (at least not without a case) with some Qi chargers that stand upright.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 33
    It would be less offensive if the bump was more central, maybe where the Apple logo is on the back.
    1STnTENDERBITS said:
    darren mccoy said:
    It would be less offensive if the bump was more central, maybe where the Apple logo is on the back.
    It does look better more centrally located, but I doubt Apple would do that since it would make the iPhone look far too similar to the Mate Pro 20.  Some would probably say it would only be fair since others copy Apple all the time.   Pretty sure Apple wouldn't think of it that way though.  
    Even though it looks better centrally located, it's still an ugly design imo.  Apple should do something else.  Considering these are still just rumors, chances are they will. 

May it’s more functional in the corner base on how people hold there phone in portrait and landscape positions as well as not interfering with Qi charging and how it “balances” on a table without a case.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 33
    The iPhone XS is too thick as it is. I would prefer a thinner, lighter phone. The camera bump looks fine.
    Please leave the planet.
    chemengin
  • Reply 31 of 33
    The iPhone XS is too thick as it is. I would prefer a thinner, lighter phone. The camera bump looks fine.
    Please leave the planet.
    With the size of a 5s, and you still think it's "way too thin", I'm not sure who's the one that should leave the planet.

Some of you just blame everything you didn't like to thinness and feel it's completely logical, seems like as long they keep adding the depth then it will solve every problem.
    edited April 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 33
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    DuhSesame said:

A 3rd lens could just be added into the same single line. The spacing in the mockups seems way too large. Even in a square arrangement, the lenses can be more compact. I think the single line option looks the best.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Marvin said:
    DuhSesame said:

A 3rd lens could just be added into the same single line. The spacing in the mockups seems way too large. Even in a square arrangement, the lenses can be more compact. I think the single line option looks the best.

It doesn't bother me that much as long the arrangement has a reason.  Sounds like an excuse, but I've heard they want to create some kind of "array", so that can justify.