Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    calibrate is the word.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Aha! Calibrate. Ooops, my bad.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    Off-topic, ast3r3x, what part of PA are you from anyway? I'm from eastern, west of Allentown.

Whats up with that safari tabs picture? Thats some fugly stuff. I think the tabs color should be reversed. Dark for the selected tab, lighter for unselected. I thought that would have been common sense.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Spiffster:

<strong>Off-topic, ast3r3x, what part of PA are you from anyway? I'm from eastern, west of Allentown.

Whats up with that safari tabs picture? Thats some fugly stuff. I think the tabs color should be reversed. Dark for the selected tab, lighter for unselected. I thought that would have been common sense.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ephrata, in lancaster county...30min from reading, 30 min from lancaster, 45 min from harrisburgh. you from PA?

an aqua implementation would have been nice, but hard to do...brushed metal isn't supposed to have tabbs apparently

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>
  • Reply 45 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>No satisfaction. Still there, still telling me some other task is using it. Could the download manager be stuck on it somehow? I erased it from the DL manager and now I've go this little icon sitting on my desktop that I can't drag to the trash.

"Try again when the other task is complete"

What the hell could this other task be?</strong><hr></blockquote>

] <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=17582&db=mac"; target="_blank">http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=17582&db=mac</a>;

Enjoy.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    Welcome back dude.

will check it out, thanks for the heads up.
  • Reply 47 of 59
    Matsu, for your first 4000 posts you didnt use a mac? not critisizing because my first 250 posts on another forum I was using a vaio but thats alot of posts.
  • Reply 48 of 59
    Well, I've installed Office vX. Nice. Looks better than the windows version, but ii does look cluttered compared to the mac interface in general.

However, this and VPC basically eliminate Win9x-XP compatibility concerns.

I feel better about it running a mac with Office on it. Now I've got a couple of hundred files to bring over. I think I'll just burn a CD on the PC and bring it all over rather than try netwroking the two computers at this point.

Murbot, PM me dude, I have questions.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Matsu,

I'm running a 600Mhz iBook and one of the things that drive me ba-zonkers is how pokey the OS seems when I'm trying to open windows and scroll through lists. I've been meaning to go by our Apple Store and get a feel for how this "feels" on the minibook.

Here's a specific example.

When you ctrl-click on an image file in the Finder, then down past the OPEN option, how long does the Finder 'pause' before moving on down the list?

I know that the Finder "runs out" to find out what applications can run the selected file, but that lingering pause is a kick in the nuts....and it may not change with the G4 minibook...
  • Reply 50 of 59
    Well, it's nice to see Matsu and !!!

Apple's stuff does have effect on folks. Y'know...they get to have fun on computers. And that's what I miss most about not having my own Mac at the moment.

Though I'm sure we'll have a few more for Apple's desktops!!!

After 4000+ posts, I'm glad Matsu's got what he wanted and is enjoying it.

Cheers.

Lemon Bon Bon

(PS. Folks, Matsu's quite a 'scalp' for Apple's 'Switcher' adverts! Anyone want to write the script for that one..., 'Hi, I'm Matsu, and I'm a switcher...after 4000+ posts blasting Apple's insane desktop prices and marketing rigidity...I gave up and bought one of their insanely great and neatly priced 12 inch Powerbooks...and guess what? I'm I'm Matsu, chief Apple spanker...and I'm a 'Switcher'...')
  • Reply 51 of 59
    I should e-mail Jobs, hahaha.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>but that niggling product registration issue remains...[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: Matsu ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't worry, it's just an option, it doesen't affect your working experience. I hope that keeps a long time policy
  • Reply 53 of 59
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I just got mine. Wow.

I'll post battery info later.

Wow.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    How do I import my Safari bookmarks on my iBook to my PowerBook? "JeepSafari" is a good idea but doesn't work (from versiontracker)

Sorry but while I'm at it: Mail and Address Book don't see themselves either! What I did was Carbon Copy Clone my iBook to a disc image on the PBG4. Why can't these Apple apps import from themselves? And what about Stickies? I know where its file is can I just replace it? I'll think of more later..thanks! ROCK.

[ 03-01-2003: Message edited by: Aquatic ]</p>
  • Reply 55 of 59
    Product registered, I did it over the phone. I could have done through the web page too, I guess, but I wonder what happened tot hat phantom button??? weird.

In any event, a word about Apple updater: leagues easier than wintel. Just hit the button, select components and "boom" *Hey look, steve speak, but you get the idea. Ok it was more like tapp tap tap... wait wait wait... my internet connection was slow that day. In any event, I checked out all my updated apps after the install, and everything was up and running fine. 10.2.4, new iMovie, new iPhoto, iCal, iSync (haven't used it yet).

Nice.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Yep. Software Update rocks.
  • Reply 57 of 59
    Nevermind I imported everything successfully.

This machine is so cool! However I had ripped The Game DVD to my iBook and was playing it on my PowerBook (off the hard drive shouldn't it use less energy?) and it didn't finish... Got to about 95 minutes through it then the PB died. Matsu are you getting equally crappy battery? I didn't turn off Aiport, Ethernet, Bluetooth, turn down the CPU, or brightness, and I had volume all the way up...I'll try this again with those settings in effect perhaps. I'll post more battery info later.
  • Reply 58 of 59
    Hmmm... some people report issues with 10.2.4 reducing their battery life. 90 minutes seems awful, I don't think that's normal. Did you calibrate the battery? I can get over 4 hours, but that's just writing with the screen at about half brightness, maybe a tick more. What's the energy saver profile set at? Set it at maximum battery life, with reduced processor speed to see how it does.

Playing a game? iDunno, I don't have any games to play on the little PB, and I'm not really interested. But I don't think that the full bore gaming battery life of any portable is taht good, probably as draining as playing a DVD.
  • Reply 59 of 59
    Matsu Welcome to the club.

Got my "12er a few days before you, decided that since you were hyping your purchase I'd sit back and watch the flurry of posts. Its a great machine, I actually watched a DVD on a long drive with a tape adaptor on the Audi's sweet sound System. You wanna switch PC users? thats how. I'll tell you Drool factor alone. Sweet.

flick.