Apple Card is the subscription that pays you to use it

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    macgui said:

apple ][ said:
    My only complaint is the titanium card. I mean it’s cool and all, but I don’t really want to have something in my wallet heavier than a plastic card. But I’m in Canada so it probably will be a long time before it’s available here anyways. Still waiting for Apple Pay Cash ffs.
    Maybe they'll make a special Canadian edition just for you made out of premium plastic. :#

To be honest, one of the reasons I want one is precisely because it's made out of titanium. All of my other cards are plastic, so this one will be different.

I'm not worried about the weight at all. It's not like it's going to weigh 5 lbs.

According to a quick search I just did, there are a whole bunch of metal credit cards available on the market and the weights range from 10 grams - 27 grams. Not exactly earth shattering weights we are talking about here.
    My ultra slim wallet contains a MC, Amex, drivers license, Costco card, and maybe a $20 bill for emergencies, and that’s it. Loyalty cards, and everything else is in Apple Wallet, so I’m not interested in any added bulk or weight no matter how small it may be. I use my watch or phone for 99% of my purchases and only carry the MC/Amex as backup for the 1% of the time I can’t use Apple Pay. I look forward to the day a digital DL comes along and completely eliminates the need for a wallet at all. Ive never had, or held a titanium card, so I’m probably imagining a larger difference in weight and my concerns of extra bulk will be unwarranted.
    'Ultra-slim wallet' LMAO  With all that crap in it, you may as well carry a trucker's billfold replete with rubber bands and belt chain.

If somebody slipped out one of those plastic cards out and put in the Apple card, you'd never feel the difference.. Ever. You aren't that good. Nobody is. Read up on one of the more notable properties of Ti.

Unwarranted bulk. That's hilarious. :D :D  :D
    “With all that crap in it”....3 cards, a DL and nothing else. Your comment is the only thing that’s hilarious. Thanks for your input.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 33
    apple ][ said:
    My ultra slim wallet contains a MC, Amex, drivers license, Costco card, and maybe a $20 bill for emergencies, and that’s it. Loyalty cards, and everything else is in Apple Wallet, so I’m not interested in any added bulk or weight no matter how small it may be. I use my watch or phone for 99% of my purchases and only carry the MC/Amex as backup for the 1% of the time I can’t use Apple Pay. I look forward to the day a digital DL comes along and completely eliminates the need for a wallet at all. Ive never had, or held a titanium card, so I’m probably imagining a larger difference in weight and my concerns of extra bulk will be unwarranted.
    I use an ultra slim wallet too, and I'm not worried about it.

And you do know that you don't have to carry the Apple Card in order to use it. It'll be on your phone and watch wallet. You would only need the physical card if you intend to use it in a place that doesn't accept Apple Pay and you wish to use that specific card.
    Yes I realize that, as I mentioned the 1% of time Apple Pay isn’t accepted is why I even carry cards. But it’s the 1% that will occur the day I don’t have the physical card though I’m sure. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 33
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    macgui said:

apple ][ said:
    My only complaint is the titanium card. I mean it’s cool and all, but I don’t really want to have something in my wallet heavier than a plastic card. But I’m in Canada so it probably will be a long time before it’s available here anyways. Still waiting for Apple Pay Cash ffs.
    Maybe they'll make a special Canadian edition just for you made out of premium plastic. :#

To be honest, one of the reasons I want one is precisely because it's made out of titanium. All of my other cards are plastic, so this one will be different.

I'm not worried about the weight at all. It's not like it's going to weigh 5 lbs.

According to a quick search I just did, there are a whole bunch of metal credit cards available on the market and the weights range from 10 grams - 27 grams. Not exactly earth shattering weights we are talking about here.
    'Ultra-slim wallet' LMAO  With all that crap in it, you may as well carry a trucker's billfold replete with rubber bands and belt chain.

If somebody slipped out one of those plastic cards out and put in the Apple card, you'd never feel the difference.. Ever. You aren't that good. Nobody is. Read up on one of the more notable properties of Ti.

“With all that crap in it”....3 cards, a DL and nothing else [don't forget the $20]. Your comment is the only thing that’s hilarious. Thanks for your input.
    You're the one whining about a Ti card adding 'unwarranted bulk'. You compound that ridiculous statement by saying you'd need to carry that card because of the one time you might want a discount and not have the card. Oh the humanity. 

Be honest, not moronic. Not only could you not feel the difference in weight, with two of your ultra thins side by side and one having the Apple card in addition to all that crap, you'd never see the difference either. You'd never know the difference without opening your wallet and finding the Apple Card. You could leave the Costco card at home, if saving bulk and weight were actually important. Very few people make impromptu Costco runs. Going to Costco, grab the card. Easypeasy. Wait – you're the exceptional individual. Of course.

There are many valid reasons not to procure the Apple Card. Be honest, since you didn't acknowledge that you wouldn't be able to know whether or not it was in your wallet without seeing it there. You picked one of the dumbest, troll-worthy non-reasons to try to defend. Hilarious. Thank you for playing.
    netmageStrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 33
    knowitall said:
    A titanium card weighs less than a plastic one.
    Titanium is not lighter then plastic, lol.
    A ci of Ti is probably heavier than a ci of most if not all plastic. But how much the Apple Card weighs would be the actual point. The Apple Card could be thinner than most plastic cards. Or not. What are the dimensions of the Apple Card, and what's the difference in weight, lol.
    netmagestompywatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 33
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    But the point of a titanium card would be for it to be noticeably different from other cards and I think weight is the only easy way. My Amazon card is metal and very noticeably heavier than a plastic card, but not enough to affect my wallet.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    macgui said:
    macgui said:

apple ][ said:

“With all that crap in it”....3 cards, a DL and nothing else [don't forget the $20]. Your comment is the only thing that’s hilarious. Thanks for your input.
    You're the one whining about a Ti card adding 'unwarranted bulk'. You compound that ridiculous statement by saying you'd need to carry that card because of the one time you might want a discount and not have the card. Oh the humanity. 

Be honest, not moronic. Not only could you not feel the difference in weight, with two of your ultra thins side by side and one having the Apple card in addition to all that crap, you'd never see the difference either. You'd never know the difference without opening your wallet and finding the Apple Card. You could leave the Costco card at home, if saving bulk and weight were actually important. Very few people make impromptu Costco runs. Going to Costco, grab the card. Easypeasy. Wait – you're the exceptional individual. Of course.

There are many valid reasons not to procure the Apple Card. Be honest, since you didn't acknowledge that you wouldn't be able to know whether or not it was in your wallet without seeing it there. You picked one of the dumbest, troll-worthy non-reasons to try to defend. Hilarious. Thank you for playing.
    First off, thanks for assuming my use case scenarios for Costco are the same as everyone else. I drive for a living and find myself near 3 different Costco’s every day, and sometimes I choose to have a couple hot dogs for lunch. If I didn’t need the card, I wouldn’t carry it. Second of all, you’re implying I was concerned about getting a discount by not having my card, when all I really was safeguarding against was not having the ability to even pay for something if Apple Pay wasn’t available. No I’m not “whining” about the potential extra weight, just an opinion on preferring a regular lightweight plastic card like most others cards and laid out my reasons why. Maybe you’re right, and the difference in weight is negligible but you also rebutted another poster here about it. Seems like you’re going out of your way to defend it because “one of the reasons I want one is precisely because it's made out of titanium. All of my other cards are plastic, so this one will be different” I guess you’re vain and feel better to show off your fancy metal card, and because your opinion is different than mine, you chose to start a fight. Enjoy your wallet Costanza. 
  • Reply 27 of 33
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    macgui said:
    macgui said:

apple ][ said:

First off, thanks for assuming my use case scenarios for Costco are the same as everyone else. I drive for a living and find myself near 3 different Costco’s every day, and sometimes I choose to have a couple hot dogs for lunch.
    Are you for real? Yes, carrying a dedicated card in the off chance that you may require hot dogs, but complaining about a titanium card weighing more than plastic. 

I...I mean...It just...I just can’t. 
  • Reply 28 of 33
    I was interested until I learned it doesn't offer buyer protection (extended warranties and price protection) on purchases. Seems Apple left that out since it conflicts with their desire to sell overpriced AppleCare.
    Where did you see this?  Since the Apple Card will be Mastercard, it should have these buyer protections like every other Mastercard.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 33
    macgui said:
    macgui said:

apple ][ said:

Seems like you’re going out of your way to defend it because “one of the reasons I want one is precisely because it's made out of titanium. All of my other cards are plastic, so this one will be different” I guess you’re vain and feel better to show off your fancy metal card, and because your opinion is different than mine, you chose to start a fight. Enjoy your wallet Costanza. 
    Two people made ridiculous statements and I did rebut those. And just like your ridiculous reason for not having an Apple Card because unwanted bulk, you offer ridiculous arguments as to why I did so. Again you push a bad play. As I said, and what you ignored, there are valid reasons for not wanting an Apple Card. You just picked a stupid one for doing so and you're somehow hoping that your ridiculous mischaracterizations of me will somehow invalidate my rebuttals and distract the focus away from your weight argument.

The other poster made the vague statement Ti is heavier than plastic. So I'm asking him/her and anybody– how much does the Apple card way in comparison to plastic cards. It's my guess that the difference in weight and the presence of the card are neigh imperceptible to anybody once in any wallet. I'm refuting your 'unwarranted bulk' assertion as nonsense, as well as the 'Ti is heavier than plastic' as being significant in any way, with regards to the Apple card.

And the best you can come up with is accusing me of being vain? Good luck with that, Kramer.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Correct me if I was wrong, but isn't the real Apple Card resides inside Wallet apps in the iPhone? This titanium card is an extra only for those who wanted to carry physical card or where places only accept physical cards, right? You don't get the physical card if you don't order one, but you will always have the one in the Wallet if you applied.
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 33
    kevin kee said:
    Correct me if I was wrong, but isn't the real Apple Card resides inside Wallet apps in the iPhone? This titanium card is an extra only for those who wanted to carry physical card or where places only accept physical cards, right? You don't get the physical card if you don't order one, but you will always have the one in the Wallet if you applied.
    I bet you get the card with Apple Card account without requesting it. At least I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

I'd think Apple would want users to help spread the word as much as possible by using it when Apple Pay isn't available. The physical card can be used anywhere that accepts MasterCard, where Apple Pay NFC is still limited in comparison.

With chip readers now faster than they were at first (in the US) an becoming ubiquitous, I'd be tempted to erase the mag strip. If the card were ever lost or stolen it would then be useless.

Just as Steve dropped the floppy and optical drive from Mac, I see a day when the mag strip will be dropped as well. Of course there could be the one time you're stuck in Podunk and the only 'reader' the merchant has is the old imprinter. 'Damn you Tim!'

watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Rayz2016 said:
    Well, there’s karma for you. Having made a very bad joke about today’s youth, I came across this. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ1n6wok500&feature=youtu.be

I salute you, young sir. 
    That kid's gonna go far.  Unless the city shuts him down for not having the proper licenses, like some other city did that kid with the lemonade stand.
    watto_cobra