Actually, what is the [mystique] mac experience?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Do you know any PC-users that take pictures as they unpack a new computer? It's not exciting -- but upon getting my new TiBook, it was exhilarating! The package, the anticipation as I took out the accessories, then the top styrofoam panel - and there it was!!!

Incredible, can't get it with a butt-ugly PC laptop, covered with stickers trying to legitimize itself and its technologies to naive consumers.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Heh, tok my 12" PB out to see some friends over the weekend, and they were all wondering why the bottom wasn't plastered with stickers.

That said, "Motorola Inside" isn't really going to cut it...
  • Reply 23 of 28
    A place like this exists, proof enough.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    i wanna add some things :cool:

security:

who got a virus on mac? i dont know ANYONE

...hack a mac...never heard

system:

everything in the right place...thats the intuitive user experience

...you dont go rrrrrhhhhmmm...where is that again?..like every day in windows after years of use

everything has its place in mac os...easy to remember

mac community:

we can talk to each other in a friendly way...its like "whoa...u use macs? heyyyy.... " instant friends!

design:

it such a difference...and it makes one hell of an impact

compare sitting in front of a dell display or an apple display...it changes your work...

design is more than meets the eye...its all about innovative usability..its the wheel on the ipod..its the door of the powermac...its the swivelscreen of the imac...its the 1inch on the powerbooks...

future:

we are years ahead..its not funny anymore...

look at the beautyful things you get out of keynote...now look at powerpoint

look at idvd3...never on pc...never

look at the powerbook...nothing comes close...and dont start with 2.4ghz cpus in pc notebooks...they are slooow..

for every pro i mentioned here ...are 50 i dont have time to write here..and 500 cons on the pc side

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: cycle ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 28
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    I enjoy hugging my ibook.

Also chics seem to like it too.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    I don't get chicks, I don't have orgasims, but I do get a lot of work done
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I could easily echo most of what has been said here but I will try to sum it up.

One could easily ask "what makes a Lexus more expensive than a Corolla, they are basically made by the same company and they both get you from Point A to Point B?" My best answer would be the little things added to the Lexus, the small touches that make your life easier, the overall feeling of comfort you get when driving is much more satisfying.

With the Mac, it is also about the many little touches, and also about the higher quality (and prettier) hardware, and the superior integration of hardware and software, and making cutting-edge technology usable by average USERS and not just uber-geeks.

It's the sum of all the parts.

Using a Mac makes me many, many times more productive than Windows ever could.

POWER combined with SIMPLICITY.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    well, to summarize:

it's all about attitude, isn't it?

And personality, oh well...