Apple Music links shifting away from iTunes domain, further signaling death of app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member

I actually liked iTunes as the central hub for all things. I didn't like it when App synchronisation was removed from it.

Still, I'm fine to have separate apps for everything, but I'm curious to see how devices will now sync and backup. I guess I'll come to know in another 12 hours.

mike54
  • Reply 22 of 24
    I'll await a formal confirmation on what is happening before I will "freak out".

Personally, as long as whatever they do still allows me to access my current Music and OCD driven playlists and Movies and TV that I have bought, no harm, no foul.

Other than that, and I will need to evaluate how I deal with it.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    On a more productive note from all the bickering... Does anyone have any opinions on using Plex for music streaming? I'm abandoning iTunes. I held on to it for a long time but it's time to move on. I've connected to my buddy's server through my account but haven't purchased a Plex pass. Can it do everything? That's ideally what I want for the family moving forward. 
    I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing. Been using Plex for movies and tv shows forever. It’s great. The server is rock solid. Hard to believe it’s running on my own network on a Linux machine I configured myself (I’m not a Linux person). 

I have an audiophile uncle who who made the switch and has been telling me that it’s great. Once I can figure out how to transfer all my iTunes music (with playlists, metadata, etc) to the Plex server, and have a couple days to spend working through the process, I’m planning the same transition you’re considering.

its worth a try, right?

the real question is this: do I keep an iTunes (Apple Music) library so I have access through Mac apps via built in iTunes functionality? Not sure it’s worth the effort. 
    allmypeople