PSA for parents: Apple Camp reservations start on June 17

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2019
On June 17 Apple will open up U.S. reservations for Apple Camp, its annual retail program meant to hook kids on its products by way of various creative and coding projects.

Apple Camp

The 2019 Apple Camp page is now live. The company has yet to detail this year's tracks, but says that options will be available in "music, coding, moviemaking, or art and design," and consist of three 90-minute sessions.

Apple typically relies on a consistent set of iPad apps for teaching kids, namely iMovie, GarageBand, and Swift Playgrounds. The company released Swift Playgrounds 3.0 on May 14, adding new playgrounds and the ability to import modules and shared Swift files.

The Camp program is restricted to kids aged 8 to 12, who must also be accompanied by a parent or other legal guardian while at a store.

The announcement of the June 17 date is significant since while Apple Camp reservations are free, the best slots often disappear within hours of them going live.
wreighven

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    wreighvenwreighven Posts: 70member
    I have over ten years of amazing memories of my sons attending these camps.  Unfortunately with the close of the Stonebriar and Willow Bend Apple Stores in Frisco and Plano, combined with only my youngest son left in the age group for these camps, this will be the first year my boys are not attending.

I'll always cherish getting my sons exposed to the great atmosphere of the Apple Stores and the overall ecosystem, and enjoying the creative projects they completed while at camp.  I highly recommend them for anyone with kiddos in the age group (though the stores aren't as well laid out for these camps as the old designs).

Best,
    Wreighven
    JWSC