Nick Law will be Apple's VP of marketing communications integration

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2019
The hiring of high-profile marketing executive Nick Law by Apple has become clearer, with the veteran said to be taking up a new role at the iPhone producer as the vice president of marcom integration.

News of Law's recruitment surfaced on Tuesday, with the chief creative office of multinational ad agency Publicis Groupe taking what he described as a "once in a lifetime opportunity to work with a brand I've admired my whole life." At the time, details of his employment were unclear, but it was believed Law would take up some marketing-related position.

According to AdWeek, Law will be the vice president of marcom (marketing communications) integration at Apple. He will be leading digital efforts for marketing the company and its products across multiple disciplines, ranging from TV and digital advertising to retail and other media.

Law will report directly to Apple's vice president of marketing communications Tor Myhren, another ad agency hire who formerly served as the president and global CCO of Grey before shifting to Apple in 2016.

There is no firm starting date for Law's employment at Apple, but he will be moving from New York to work from Apple's Cupertino headquarters in the coming months.

Law spent most of his career in CCO roles for the agency R/GA, before switching to Publicis, the world's third largest ad holding outfit, in April 2018 as its global CCO. He spent just over a year at Publicis before revealing his move over to Apple.

During his time at R/GA, Law and teams he managed received praise for standout projects for the agency. Credits include working with Nike to integrate the Nike+ platform with Fuelband, helping win the company the Cannes Lions Titanium Grand Prix in 2012.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    ``I am the Law!'

``Say my name, Rob.'' // Rosenbaum reference to Stallone and Rob Schneider
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,319member
    Funny he was complaining at a lecture last year how he got nothing out of the beats deal.