ICYMI: Carpool Karaoke The Mic and Alexa-enabled car chargers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2019
Each week, there are a ton of great products that get released that we don't have time to cover. Here are our top picks for new gear from the last seven days you should check out.

The iOttie Easy One Touch Connect car charger with Alexa
The iOttie EasyOne Touch Connect car charger with Alexa built in

iOttie's Easy One Touch Connect

Car accessory-maker iOttie is out with its latest charging device. The iOttie Easy One Touch Connect is a wireless car charger that securely holds your phone and offers a built-in Alexa.

A light on the front lets you know when Alexa is listening and the microphone can be disabled at will. Using Alexa you can check the whether, control smart home devices, and even listen to music. Audio is then output over Bluetooth or an auxiliary audio cable.

We've always been a fan of iOttie's Easy One Touch car mounts and for those who heavily use Alexa this could be very handy.

It is -- naturally -- available on Amazon for $69.95.

Carpool Karaoke The Mic

That's right, the singing sensation that sparked one of Apple's first original series now has its own accessory.

CarPool Karaoke The Mic
CarPool Karaoke The Mic

This Bluetooth microphone is designed to work in you car to jam out to your favorite tunes. It works not only through Bluetooth but via AM/FM as well.

Apple had nothing to do with this singalong product, rather it was produced as a partnership with James Corden's "The Late Late Show."

It can be ordered now on Amazon for $59.

Pre-reported Highlight

While we wrote about this earlier this week, it is worth noting the Sony WF-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Earbuds, which are Sony's take on wireless headphones. Rather than going after Apple's AirPods directly, they have active noise cancellation built in.

Pre-orders are open for the earphones, priced at $229.95 on Amazon And will ship on August 5.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    AI said:
    Apple had nothing to do with this singalong product...

Imagine my surprise. ROFL! Clearly design was given short shrift. But I guess if you love karaoke it's a willing sacrifice.

A little on the pricey side for my taste, I'd still like to try those Sony 'buds in an urban walkabout. Active noise cancellation might be jus the balance between lower volume and hearing warning sounds around you.

• Reply 2 of 2
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    And how did you crash your car sir? Carpool Karaoke mic distracted me.