Belkin intros tougher Boost Charge cables in USB-C, USB-A & Lightning versions

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2019
Foxconn-owned Belkin on Thursday introduced a new line of charging cables known as Boost Charge with DuraTek, including versions for USB-C, USB-A, and Lightning devices.

Belkin Boost Charge cable USB-C

Originally revealed at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show, all of Belkin's new USB to Lightning cables are available in white or black and employ aramid, a material said to be used in products like surfboards and tennis racquets. The outer jacket of each cable uses double-braided nylon, while connector joints are deliberately flexible. A leather snap makes coiling or folding easier.

Options include USB-C-to-Lightning, USB-C-to-USB-C, USB-A-to-Lightning, and USB-C-to-USB-A. The USB-C-to-USB-C model has an additional pink color, and USB-A-to-Lightning buyers can choose between 4-, 6-, and 10-foot lengths.

Prices range from $24.99 to $34.99, the latter for 10-foot USB-A-to-Lightning cables.

Only some of the cables are available on Belkin's website as of Thursday. The entire run of new releases are slated to appear at Apple's online store and at retail, in conjunction with other sellers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    macplusplusmacplusplus Posts: 2,112member
    Always use cables that bear the MFi logo: “Made for iPhone | iPad”. Otherwise you can charge your iPhone but cannot connect it to your Mac over USB, the trust mechanism between the two doesn’t work.

Belkin is reliable.
    edited July 2019 gregoriusmapplesnorangeschia
  • Reply 2 of 3
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    I’m confused. These aren’t new. I bought a USB-C to Lightning version at Target a month ago. I’m using it right now charge my phone. 
  • Reply 3 of 3
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    Armored cables? As I’ve had precisely one fail since I started using iPhone’s with the iPhone 3 I’m sensing a Monster cable scam where overbuilt is getting most people to overpay versus their use need.