2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    MplsP said:
    mac_128 said:
    cmaus said:
    I have a totally different problem with the iOS/watchOS alarms:

apparently, my sleep is deep enough that it could take more than 15 minutes for me to actually react to an alarm.

But: I observed that iOS‘s and watchOS‘s Alarms would stop making any sound after 15 minutes of chiming. The snooze and stop buttons remain on the screen, but the device remains silent. This has caused me several times being late at work - since I spotted the culprit, I installed Alarmy because that app keeps ringing until I do something about it.

Anyone else knows this problem? Anyone who knows what the reason is or knows any workaround?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I have the exact same problem. I have no idea how to fix it.
    What happens if you set a second alarm 16 minutes after the first one? Will it go off or is it ‘silenced’ by the fact that you haven’t responded to the first one? It sounds like the 3rd party app may be your best solution.
    I use Bedtime which doesn’t allow multiple alarms to be set. I have set additional alarms when waking at a certain time after the Bedtime alarm was absolutely critical, and they worked. It’s an interesting experiment to see how multiple Alarms would work past the 15 mark, or if they suffer from the same bug.

As for using a third party app, I really shouldn’t have to use one for something so basic to the functionality of the iPhone. That said, I have to use a third party calculator app on the iPad because Apple doesn’t offer their own perfectly functional app for it for some reason.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Yoel SYoel S Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    my problem on iphone, alarm and timer sound are 75% of the time very low, and cant find out why or how to fix
  • Reply 23 of 23
    THANK YOU! The workaround fixed this problem on my iPhone 😩🙏🏼 This has been driving me insane (& making me wake up in a panic when I realize I overslept). It seems to coincide with when my phone is too full with too many photos/apps/etc. (which I can’t do much about since I use my phone for work). You are my heroes!