Newly discovered Bluetooth exploit tracks iOS, macOS devices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    gatorguy said:
    OK, @Gatorguy, why do you think Android lacks this exploit to begin with?  Perhaps because they're generally lagging behind in advanced BLE implementation anyway?
    No idea why but that's a possibility among others. The facts now are Android is immune. You should find out why if that bothers you enough.
    It doesn’t, we don’t care. We get that you do, tho, very much. Congrats, enjoy this insignificant and short-lived triumph. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    gatorguy said:
    Rayer said:
    dysamoria said:
    The, uh, Apple Insider proofreader (ha ha ha) missed this: “...when advertising their pretense...”

Oh really? Pretense of what?
    Yeah, they don't have editors here. I'm surprised your comment wasn't deleted. Every time I have commented about a grammar problem, they delete my comment and then fix the post.
    Perhaps because it's covered under the forum rules? Click on the "Commenting Guidelines" link at the bottom of this page. 
    Yes, but the rule itself is problematic — normal publications welcome corrections. John Gruber of Daringfireball fame welcomes and credits corrections. My local daily also thanks. This is the only one I’ve ever seen that gets defensive and upset. It’s definitely unusual. 
  • Reply 23 of 26
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    Rayer said:
    dysamoria said:
    The, uh, Apple Insider proofreader (ha ha ha) missed this: “...when advertising their pretense...”

Oh really? Pretense of what?
    Yeah, they don't have editors here. I'm surprised your comment wasn't deleted. Every time I have commented about a grammar problem, they delete my comment and then fix the post.
    Perhaps because it's covered under the forum rules? Click on the "Commenting Guidelines" link at the bottom of this page. 
    Yes, but the rule itself is problematic — normal publications welcome corrections. John Gruber of Daringfireball fame welcomes and credits corrections. My local daily also thanks. This is the only one I’ve ever seen that gets defensive and upset. It’s definitely unusual. 
    Did you read the rule? It's number 3 if you can't find it. Yes AI welcomes corrections too, just not helpful nor respectful to scold them for it in a member-facing forum post.  If you feel driven to point out an error in grammar they would appreciate knowing but do as they ask in making them aware of it. It's not our forum, it's their forum and their rules. 

...and no freedom of speech ain't no thang on a privately-maintained website. AppleInsider maintains a great service and forum IMHO, but some of the participants feel a sense of entitlement and believe rules are meant for others. 

The internet has created a horridly rude culture IMO, where many of the individuals think anonymity means they can say whatever they want in whatever manner they wish to anyone who happens to be taking part in a discussion. Belittlement and dehumanizing are the words of the day for too many people

(puts away the soapbox)
    edited July 2019 MplsP
  • Reply 24 of 26
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    iOS 13 reveals some third party apps (like the CNBC app) that have no business using Bluetooth want permission to use Bluetooth.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    cpsro said:
    iOS 13 reveals some third party apps (like the CNBC app) that have no business using Bluetooth want permission to use Bluetooth.
    You're going to see an excessive number of apps that will ask for access to Bluetooth that have no good reason for using it.
    watto_cobra