New Beats PowerBeats Pro ad features runners chasing the Icelandic Sun

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2020
Apple has released a new commercial promoting the Beats PowerBeats Pro, one featuring a group of runners chasing the Sun in Iceland to highlight the long battery life the wireless headphones offer athletes and fitness enthusiasts.

Published to the Beats by Dre channel, the video titled "Zero Dark Project" follows seven runners from the Paris Running Club taking part in a challenge in Iceland. The task was a relay, where the runners would attempt to chase the Sun across a long 280 kilometer (174 miles) journey, the distance reached by the time the sun set.

Throughout the relay, the runners were kept entertained and motivated by music played through the PowerBeats Pro, as well as the views of the wilderness passing each runner by. Apple markets the wireless earphones as having up to 9 hours of listening time, extended to 24 hours when used with the accompanying charging case.

Using the same H1 chip as Apple's AirPods, the PowerBeats Pro offers the same level of functionality, including Hey Siri support, auto-play and pause, instant pairing with devices, and the ability to detect whether they are being worn on one year or two. Built for use in workouts, the PowerBeats Pro's design uses ear hooks that offer a more secure fit, minimizing the chance of the earphones being dislodged and lost or damaged during exercise.

Originally launched in the US followed by the UK, France, and Germany in June, Apple opened up preorders to ten more countries in July. The PowerBeats Pro are available in Black, with Navy, Moss, and Ivory color options expected to arrive later this summer, and are on sale for $249.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    LOL...  That makes me want to want to go out for run more than anything....
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    I wish they'd complete the product introduction -- i.e., come out with all the promised colors -- before they advertise it.
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,241member
    Love this! The feel of the production is very different, raw and real. And I love how they didn't use any English audio, only subtitles.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    Have a set and they certainly look better than the ugly white Apple branded product.

The sound quality and volume is not as good as previous Bluetooth units I have owned. These should be selling for at least $100 less than the current MSRP.

• Reply 5 of 6
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Beats is so big I think Apple should include them in their keynotes and give the brand the same amount of love Apple branded products gets.

Beats announcements could be part of Apple Music announcements during keynotes.

Better yet they could bring back music keynotes covering iPod/Homepod/Apple Music/Beats...(SHUT UP AND LET ME DREAM!)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ehobehob Posts: 1member
    hmm too bad I haven't gotten them yet because I'm still waiting for the new colors to be released. It's really too bad their hurting their sales like this. Some marketing strategy...