Apple Card invitation problem leading to bogus international application emails

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

Soli said:
    MplsP said:
    Does it say anywhere in the application or fine print whether you have to be a U.S. Citizen?
    I doubt it since you don't need to be a US Citizen to get any other credit card.
    Apple/GS does ask for the last four of your SSN.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    MplsP said:
    Does it say anywhere in the application or fine print whether you have to be a U.S. Citizen?
    I doubt it since you don't need to be a US Citizen to get any other credit card.
    Apple/GS does ask for the last four of your SSN.
    True, but the SSN is for US citizens, permanent residents, and non-immigrant working residents. I'm guessing that's why it also asks for your country of citizenship.

• Reply 23 of 24
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    macgui said:
    I got an email yesterday saying 'your invite is waiting' and to go to apple and click the "Notify me' button and provide my Apple ID. It also said my invite may take up to 48 hours to arrive. Yes, I'm a little tingly.

I too got this email yesterday. When I signed up to be notified when the Apple Card was released at the end of March 2019, I used my Apple ID. Somehow the invitation was sent to my gmail account, not associated with my Apple ID. Why it was sent to a different email address is beyond me. My guess is a system glitch or a bug where the invites got sent to the wrong email or international users in this case.

I was on the phone with Apple yesterday for over an hour with call drops a few times by Apple's system trying to get this straightened out with no luck except for the Apple Pay department telling me to try signing up again using your Apple ID.

I hope I get the invite to the correct email, my Apple ID in 48 hours. I currently live and reside in the United States.

I agree with the above posters, it's an indicator of Apple's incompetence here.

• Reply 24 of 24
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    I decided to check my Wallet on my iPhone after work today and the option to apply for Apple Card appeared. I got approved quickly. I got 17.00% APR with a credit line of $9,000
    watto_cobra