Apple makes iOS 13.1, iPadOS 13.1 developer betas available for testing [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 757member

mazda 3s said:
    While it seems odd, this is not unexpected to me at all. iOS 13.0 is a disaster and since beta 2 I've known that this was going to be a bomb of a release. And clearly they know it, because they are going to move right past 13.0 (never releasing it to the general public) and skip to 13.1 which will be the bare minimum for public consumption.
    Maybe I’m in the minority, but the iOS 13 Public betas have been rock solid for me. No crashes, no funny business. The only app that doesn’t work for me is my credit union app. But everything else works fine. And I’m sure that’ll be fixed once iOS 13 is publicly released. 
    You are in the minority because the betas continually made all of my album art, which is embedded in each AAC file, disappear in both the phone and in CarPlay and the native UI in my vehicle.  The sound settings were non functional in the early betas...the toggle to use the volume buttons was reversed.  The volume slider always reverted to minimum in the settings.  Plenty of other quirks.  I guess you don't use your phone much to test everything.
    Weird use of the word "minority" when you only list your issues as an example.  I've had none of the bugs you're listing (except I don't have CarPlay)...does that make you the minority?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Do we expect the Public Beta today?
  • Reply 23 of 24
    chaickachaicka Posts: 257member
    Public Beta of iOS 13.1 is out now
  • Reply 24 of 24
    I was wondering if we'd see 13.0 dev beta 9, but at this point it doesn't look like it. Really interested to see if Apple releases iOS 13.1 as a GM, or puts out 13.0 for the public, with a 13.1 update down the line. It'll be even stranger if the 2019 iPhones do come with 13.1, with the public 0.1 versions behind on 13.0 ... 

Always keeping us on our toes, Apple.