Apple releases seventh developer beta of macOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted:
in macOS
One day after releasing the first iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 betas, Apple has provided participants of its beta program with a new seventh build of macOS 10.15 Catalina for testing.

The new build can be dowloaded alongside others in the test program from the Apple Developer Center by participants in the scheme, or as a software update for Macs already enrolled in the beta program. Those taking part in the public Apple Beta Software Program will typically gain access to its own build very shortly after the developer variant is distributed.

Even this close to a release, both AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly suggest users avoid installing the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is a very small possibility of data loss, or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to ensure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    For all this talk of ios13 being buggy I’ve found it a dream compared with Catalina. I’ve given up on reporting everything to Apple as there are just so many new issues every time I use it - chiefly with the broken up iTunes apps. Books repeatedly asks for Apple ID sign in on every version of beta, and today found TV stalled on playback of TV library. A lot of it just still doesn’t work. 
    Metriacanthosaurus
  • Reply 2 of 6
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Anyone else tired of change for the sake of change? iOS has become a fashion victim, swipe up is now swipe down and forget about finding a setting where it should be, that's so last year!
    Metriacanthosaurus9secondkox2
  • Reply 3 of 6
    spice-boy said:
    Anyone else tired of change for the sake of change? iOS has become a fashion victim, swipe up is now swipe down and forget about finding a setting where it should be, that's so last year!
    Agree that things need to stay the same and just get refined instead of continuously changing for no good reason other than to satisfy people's dopamine issues.

That said, the new share sheet is very different and a massive improvement.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    For all this talk of ios13 being buggy I’ve found it a dream compared with Catalina. I’ve given up on reporting everything to Apple as there are just so many new issues every time I use it - chiefly with the broken up iTunes apps. Books repeatedly asks for Apple ID sign in on every version of beta, and today found TV stalled on playback of TV library. A lot of it just still doesn’t work. 
    It has been an utter disaster by comparison, and not just because it is dangerously unstable. The user experience has been trashed by Apple's 'security' focused changes. After 15 years of downloading things in Safari, I now have to manually approve every single website individually for access to the Downloads folder. Beyond insane.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I agree that the first MacOS 10.15 developer betas were a bit ragged, but the 7th beta seems very stable and has fixed a number of issues for me.  And, it's very speedy.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    spice-boy said:
    Seriously. Change for the sake of change just stinks. A mark of good UI and UX is consistency. if you did it right, you won't have to change for a looooooong time. I guess they aren't confident in their abilities. Hope that sorts out quick. IT's beyond annoying.