Here are the Apple TV+ shows that you can watch at launch, and what's coming soon

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    a friend told me he would be purchasing a new apple device so he could have a free year of apple tv+. i told him $4.99 a month would be cheaper. he saw it as an incentive for an awesome device.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    litoloop said:
    a friend told me he would be purchasing a new apple device so he could have a free year of apple tv+. i told him $4.99 a month would be cheaper. he saw it as an incentive for an awesome device.
    I see my TCL Roku TV now runs the tvOS. Interestingly, one thing it does not do that the AppleTV does is allow me to connect to a network computer and its iTunes library. 
  • Reply 43 of 47
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    So, Apple TV+ will be available if you buy new hardware, such as a new Apple TV,iPhone, or Mac "

I bought a new iPad recently (well after the announcement)  and there was no mention of a subscription to this new service.  Are iPads not a qualifying product?  Or will Apple know from my Apple ID I bought it and the service be enabled without me having to do anything?
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Anyone know what happened to Amazing Stories? I was looking forward to that one.

• Reply 45 of 47
    entropys said:
    It’s impossible to know if $4.99 is an attractive price until we know what the full catalog looks like. If Apple thinks I’ll pay $5 a month for 15 shows, only 3 of which are interesting to me, they are insane.
    Maybe that is why it comes free with Apple hardware.
    although it would be interesting how it will allocate that in the accounts.
    So your excuse is to spend $1,000+ on Apple hardware to get 9 shows for free for a year?  And then what will do you after you watch 9 boring shows in a few weeks?
  • Reply 46 of 47

So Spielberg's show is not at launch then.

Nope...because Apple doesn't like the story content and people associated with the show keep quitting because Apple can't keep their nose out of it.
  • Reply 47 of 47

lkrupp said:

It’s impossible to know if $4.99 is an attractive price until we know what the full catalog looks like. If Apple thinks I’ll pay $5 a month for 15 shows, only 3 of which are interesting to me, they are insane.
    Thats’ okay, millions will subscribe without you. To each his own but instead of trashing it now why not wait to see what it actually is.
    It is cute that you think millions will subscribe.  Getting it free with a hardware purchase is not subscribing.  Apple has already done enough to show how awful it will be, and at launch they will only have 9 shows.  Wow.  So what do you do with the rest of the 11 months of that free subscription?