Analysts impressed with Services & iPhone 11 pricing, less on iPhone 11 Pro

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    I've been waiting for a brushed-metal Apple watch since the 1st gen, I'm happy to see they came up with a way to make titanium not look wierd after touching it. I assume it also has the sapphire screen, should prove durable. I'll probably get one to upgrade my 1st gen.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 31
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    The Pro models should have started at 128GB storage.
    LOL, same old story. No way. I use iCloud services and aren't even using all of my 64gb, usually somewhere around 50%+. Why on earth should I have to pay for extra storage I'm not using? Not everyone keeps local copies of all our music or photos on-device.
    Thats you but 90% of other people can not live with 64 GB as they have 90GB just in terms of photos and videos. 

I use iCloud service for photos and documents and I have 130 GB of stuff on my phone. Can not even consider 128 and I have at list 5 friends with iPhone with the same problem. 64 Gb is a joke.
    chemengin1mobird
  • Reply 23 of 31
    I think most are underestimating the new camera setup and software that goes along with it on the pro models...
    it is a huge leap forward . I believe It  will be acknowledged when it gets in the wild. 
    I have never been this excited about the camera on an iPhone in all the years since 2007.
    tmayStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 31
    I think most are underestimating the new camera setup and software that goes along with it on the pro models...
    it is a huge leap forward . I believe It  will be acknowledged when it gets in the wild. 
    I have never been this excited about the camera on an iPhone in all the years since 2007.
    It may be because the vast majority of cell phone photos end up on sites like IG, Snap, Twitter, and FB covered in filters.  They just need to be good enough to make the added filter look good.  Beyond that, most of the advances tend to be overkill for masses.  They end up as talking  points on tech sites but only put to use by a small subset of users.
    gatorguy78Bandit
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Yep. What I found a bit shocking was how smoothly the zooms are between lenses. Just rock steady.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 31
    eightzero said:
    LOL, same old story. No way. I use iCloud services and aren't even using all of my 64gb, usually somewhere around 50%+. Why on earth should I have to pay for extra storage I'm not using? Not everyone keeps local copies of all our music or photos on-device.
    Ya know, this is something I recently struggled with. Like some others, I have a collection of music I would like to have with me in the car. Given that I refuse to pay a subscription for music I already have (and that I detest subscriptions) Apple Music is out. There are no real alternatives to having connected CarPlay at the same time as having access to this music unless you put it all on your iPhone. Meaning...you need a lot of storage space on said iPhone.

I even toyed with running iTunes on a server in the car. Doable for sure, and an interesting project. But with 128GB storage on an iPhone as an option, that is not real attractive.
    Cool, get the higher capacity phone then. But rogifan’s eternal complaint is that we should all pay for the amount of storage she needs. This is nuts, of course. 

(Side note: before Apple Music I paid for Match, which was like $25/year and synced all my music to iCloud for easy streaming, very handy. Amazon has one too.)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 31

Pretty sure the implication from @rogifan is the Pro models should start at 128GB of storage for the same price.  Pretty sure anyone making that suggestion is implying a higher starting storage tier for the same price.  I'm also pretty sure you know that.  ;) 
    Having run a business I also know that isn’t how it works. If the base storage goes up on all devices, everyone pays for it. It isn’t given to you for free. Thus, tiers exist for common usage patterns. I consider myself an advanced user and I’m not even filling 64gb. This is the beauty of iCloud services.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 31

avon b7 said:
    Why should I pay Apple (iCloud) and use my carrier (data allotment to use the content) when I could have it sitting on my phone?

Starting at 128GB in 2019 on a Pro phone isn't asking for anything unreasonable. It should have been the entry point from the get go.
    Nope. Because then you’d be paying for that storage in the base price. You people need to get out of consumer mindset and understand how for profit business works — they don’t give it to you for free, you pay for it. 

I enjoy paying for iCloud services (unlike you I actually have an iPhone, so this is all argumentative nonsense anyway). It doesn’t cost me anything in carrier costs, because 1) my plan covers a reasonable amount of data, and 2) the way the services work is to keep only thumbnails, placeholders, etc, until the documents are used. This isn’t non-stop except in the case of streaming music, and for this see #1 again. 

128gb is not unreasonable on an iphone, which is why you are free to buy that if you need it. But you won’t. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 31
    jume said:
    Thats you but 90% of other people can not live with 64 GB as they have 90GB just in terms of photos and videos. 

I use iCloud service for photos and documents and I have 130 GB of stuff on my phone. Can not even consider 128 and I have at list 5 friends with iPhone with the same problem. 64 Gb is a joke.
    Cool then get the bigger phone as it’s what you need. Lots of people don’t. I know this, Apple knows this. Thus we buy the smaller capacity option. It’s not mandatory. But no one is entitled to bigger for free. 

(where is your 10% statistic from!? you made it up, didn’t you?)
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 31

It may be because the vast majority of cell phone photos end up on sites like IG, Snap, Twitter, and FB covered in filters.
    Citation needed. I believe the majority of photos remain unpublished on social media, which doesn’t render them unused or wasted, simply unpublished on social media. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 31

Pretty sure the implication from @rogifan is the Pro models should start at 128GB of storage for the same price.  Pretty sure anyone making that suggestion is implying a higher starting storage tier for the same price.  I'm also pretty sure you know that.  ;) 
    Having run a business I also know that isn’t how it works. If the base storage goes up on all devices, everyone pays for it. It isn’t given to you for free. Thus, tiers exist for common usage patterns. I consider myself an advanced user and I’m not even filling 64gb. This is the beauty of iCloud services.
    Did you cut off the part of my quote where I clearly addressed this just so that you would have something to argue? Or was it so that you could mention for the 1,254,798,637,285th time that at some point in your life you ran a business?  We get it.  We also get that it doesn't lend credence to your opinions as much as you seem to think it does.  As a business owner I'm sure you're aware that every cost associated with a business doesn't have to be passed on to the customer.  So it's entirely possible to raise the base storage on all devices and not pass that cost onto consumers.  Being a business owner, I'm sure you're aware that the extra cost could be mitigate in a number of ways besides raising prices.  You considering yourself an advanced user is not really cogent point. More importantly, it's probably a determining factor in your low storage use.  

It may be because the vast majority of cell phone photos end up on sites like IG, Snap, Twitter, and FB covered in filters.
    Citation needed. I believe the majority of photos remain unpublished on social media, which doesn’t render them unused or wasted, simply unpublished on social media. 
    Is English your second language?  I ask because, from time to time you seem to act as if you don't understand the context of what you read.  I say act because other times you seem to understand context perfectly.  Here it just seems as if you're being unnecessarily pedantic.  Now if you truly need me to explain what my quote means, I'll be happy to do so for you.  
    edited September 2019 gatorguymobirdmuthuk_vanalingam