Apple releases third public beta of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1

Posted:
in iOS
One day after providing the gold master of iOS 13 and new developer betas for iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1, Apple has provided a third public beta version of the operating systems for testing.

iOS 13's 'Dark Mode'
iOS 13's 'Dark Mode'

The new builds can be acquired from the Apple Beta Software Program website by those enrolled into the program, as well as through an over-the-air update on devices already using beta software. The public beta usually arrives shortly after Apple issues developer builds, via the Apple Developer Center.

Apple supplied the latest developer betas of iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 on Tuesday, ahead of its iPhone 11 launch event. At the same time, the gold master version of iOS 13 was provided to developers for a final shakedown, ahead of its release alongside iPadOS on September 19.

It is intended that updates for iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 will ship on September 30.

As with developer betas, AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly suggest users avoid installing betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, due to the small possibility for data loss or other problems. It is instead recommended to install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to ensure there are backups of important data available in the event things go awry.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Question for those in the know -
    What are some of the marquee features that Apple has promoted since the announcement at WWDC2019 for the iOS 13 release that still have not been activated either in the iOS 13 GM or in the latest iteration of iOS 13.1 (v3)?
    Also, after the software version has been released, what is the method used to activate these features at a later date?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Any idea whether the 13.1 betas also allow associated HomePods to update to the new features too? I believe betas of 12 did in the past but seemingly not so far with 13.0
    mobird
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Any idea whether the 13.1 betas also allow associated HomePods to update to the new features too? I believe betas of 12 did in the past but seemingly not so far with 13.0
    They can keep that "ambient noise generator".
  • Reply 4 of 10
    mobird said:
    Suit yourself, I can't wait. We have two stand-alone units in the house already, would love it built into HP.
    lolliver
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mobird said:
    I'm more interested in being able to get radio on it
    mobird
  • Reply 6 of 10
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    mobird said:
    I'm more interested in being able to get radio on it
    Why don't you try? The radio stations I find in iTunes (all from TuneIn) are playing on my HomePods when asking Siri.
    My HomePods have the regular software, no betas for HomePod.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Yeah my local public radio station (listed in iTunes) is already available to HP and has been since I bought them. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Just tried. Are you using Siri or searching? I'm in the UK so looking for BBC Radio and it's not on Apple Music on my iPhone or the HomePod with Siri. It maybe the BBC freezing them out now they have BBC Sounds, but normally they're quite good at coming on board if it means listens.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Boring point of consistency but hope Catalina gets the new white Apple TV logo like iOS 13.1. Or that at least it carries across UI. 
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Please help,

Does 3D Touch work in iPhone XS Max in iOS 13? I read in the fist betas it didn’t but not sure if it’s been enabled now.

thanks