Apple releases two new iPhone 11 Pro ads to YouTube [u]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2019
Apple has released two brand new ads on YouTube highlighting big features of the iPhone 11 Pro.

Two new iPhone 11 Pro ads

The new ads aim to showcase both the new triple lens camera and the improved durability of the newly launched iPhone 11 Pro.

The first ad, called "It's tough out there," features a iPhone 11 Pro in a wind tunnel, facing an assault of every day items. The iPhone is pelted with everything from children's toys to raw produce, and eventually withstands being crushed by a five-tier wedding cake.

The iPhone 11 Pro is hosed off and then pelted again--this time with rubber duckies--and seems none the less worse for wear. The ad finishes with a title card reading "It's tough out there." The ad features "Dvolution" by Soondclub as it's audio track. Notably, this advertisement features an ending card promoting Verizon.

The second ad, simply called "Triple-camera system" takes place in the same wind tunnel as the first ad, but takes a different approach. A dog -- likely an Afghan Hound -- enters into the wind chamber. The iPhone 11 Pro is used to snap pictures of the dog as the wind blows its hair, showcasing the telephoto, wide, and ultra wide lenses. The ad also highlights the new low-light picture mode.

The ad features the song "Regular" by Ateph Elidja. Again, the advertisement features an end card that specifically promotes Verizon.

Update: Apple has also posted the "iPhone 11 Pro cinematic tests" short that debuted at Tuesday's keynote.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    I am actually curious how much tougher the iPhone 11 is, especially with glass on back. Corning said it created a glass that's much more tougher so I guess it's that one.
    AppleExposedSoundJudgment
  • Reply 2 of 11
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    netrox said:
    I am actually curious how much tougher the iPhone 11 is, especially with glass on back. Corning said it created a glass that's much more tougher so I guess it's that one.

Probably really tough as a lot of reviewers/media are intentionally ignoring the details.

That "It's tough out there" ad is terrible. Am I missing something? Is it supposed to be ironic?
    rinosaur
  • Reply 3 of 11
    That "It's tough out there" ad is terrible. Am I missing something? Is it supposed to be ironic?

I suspect it's supposed to symbolize "what life throws at you", combined with industrial ("Pro"...?) surroundings. Might have some tie-ins to TV shows that they are working on, too. Who knows?

The soundtracks in both ads are different, edgy. They are definitely experimenting with different approaches.

• Reply 4 of 11
    foljsfoljs Posts: 390member
    netrox said:

Probably really tough as a lot of reviewers/media are intentionally ignoring the details.

What exactly didn't you understand?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member

I suspect it's supposed to symbolize "what life throws at you", combined with industrial ("Pro"...?) surroundings. Might have some tie-ins to TV shows that they are working on, too. Who knows?

The soundtracks in both ads are different, edgy. They are definitely experimenting with different approaches.

I'm guessing it's supposed to ironically showcase the "tough" daily life of a mom? With light baby objects (toys and broccoli) thrown at her.

foljs said:
    netrox said:

What exactly didn't you understand?

Why so many soft things are being thrown at the new iPhone to show how "tough" it is. Thought the items would get tougher as the ad went on.

A flower? A rubber band? A rubber ducky? Really?
    rinosaurminicoffeetaylorlightfoot
  • Reply 6 of 11
    But people. There are first AnTuTu Benchmark for 11. Adding another 100k to score! https://www.antutu.com/doc/119269.htm
  • Reply 7 of 11
    To be fair, a brick would not fly too well in a wind tunnel.

i think they are both great ads.
    i now await the endless drop and blender tests to refute the ads. 
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Say something nice. Say something nice. Say something nice.

My cat liked the music in the first ad.

That’s all I got...
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Great ad that made me laugh. 

Rather than dropping the hone hone off a mountain, they highlighted the kind of stuff that actually could happen to a phone: occasional exposure to water, the contents of a handbag, Cooking ingredients (because folk use their phones for recipes these days). 

Things they missed however: coins and car keys. 
  • Reply 10 of 11
    "Why so many soft things are being thrown at the new iPhone to show how "tough" it is. Thought the items would get tougher as the ad went on. A flower? A rubber band? A rubber ducky? Really?" You can be sure that if they would have shown harder objects, there would be an army of mindless zombies throwing those exact same objects on their phone all day long, while laughing uncontrollably, just because they saw it on YouTube. Then file a class lawsuit. The phone can probably withstand tougher abuse, but not on the level of perseverance of the bored masses and widespread lack of common sense.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I just love the number of downvotes most Apple videos receive on youtube. There are thousands of frustrated android fanboys who religiously click Apple videos to downvote them. Their frustrated helplessness is hilarious :-)