iPad Pro 'final design mockup' shown with iPhone 11 Pro triple camera bump

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    spice-boy said:
    Apple design is not sticking more stuff on top of other stuff. No wonder Jon Ive left.
    Say, why don’t you also tell us what Steve Jobs would do? You’re on a roll for explaining the thoughts and feelings of people you’ve never been in the same room as, let alone ever met or grown close to. Don’t let reality get in the way, you’re an expert!
    How the heck would I know what Jobs or Ive would do, but I have a good guess that a solution like this mockup would never fly. I've bought Ive design going back to the 20th Anniversary Mac and his finger prints are nowhere to be found on the past few iPhones or other hardware. I more than most people reading AI want great design and I believe Apple's great products days are behind it. I am also in the design and fine arts world so my point of view comes with some knowledge. 
  • Reply 22 of 30
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,422member
    All I think is that it is being done to promote AR. Ultra wide len would be a nice benefit as you need to use iPad to scan a room which definitely needs a wide len.
    tmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 30
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    MplsP said:
    OMG - that camera bump is SO UGLY!.../s
    I'm not a fan of the look and I can see how people find it extremely unattractive. But to accomplish what Apple wants to do with a camera, so I'll roll with it.

The iPad is too large to be used as a POS camera.
    I see people using iPads as PnS cameras all the time. As more people get X and 11 iPhones, or more baby boomers die off, that may lessen. But for now, I'm seeing no slowdown.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 30
    I cannot see upgrading my 12.9” Pro for a triple lens model. There has  to be other features. Wondering if a potential 3 lens upgrade has anything to do with AR forthcoming features, either software or  hardware?
  • Reply 25 of 30
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Soli said:

You say that and yet I see it all the time. Clearly it's both possible and frequently done.

I see it less and less.  That story was from 2014 and showing an iPhone 5 for a screen.

It is ridiculous to haul an iPad around and use it for a Camera.  And this is coming from someone who has done it.  The screen size makes it very nice.  Nothing else about it is practical.

And I KNOW everyone laughs at the person using it as a camera.  :>) 
    I don’t know. I still have my 4x5 view. I’ve used 8x10 view cameras on location. This was a while ago. But even my 12.9” iPad is a heck of a lot smaller and lighter.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 30
    spice-boy said:
    spice-boy said:
    Apple design is not sticking more stuff on top of other stuff. No wonder Jon Ive left.
    Say, why don’t you also tell us what Steve Jobs would do? You’re on a roll for explaining the thoughts and feelings of people you’ve never been in the same room as, let alone ever met or grown close to. Don’t let reality get in the way, you’re an expert!
    How the heck would I know what Jobs or Ive would do, but I have a good guess that a solution like this mockup would never fly. I've bought Ive design going back to the 20th Anniversary Mac and his finger prints are nowhere to be found on the past few iPhones or other hardware. I more than most people reading AI want great design and I believe Apple's great products days are behind it. I am also in the design and fine arts world so my point of view comes with some knowledge. 
    Eh! I suppose you’re heard of the Bauhaus movement? You know, form follows function. As someone in the design business you should appreciate that function should reign over looks. ivy himself said that design isn’t just the outside, it’s the entire device. How well something works is just as, or even more important than how it looks. If you compromise function for looks, you’re making a bog mistake.
    tmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 30
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Please just give me iPad Pro specs, display and pencil 2 compatibility with zero camera bump.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    melgross said:
    ... When the three cameras are lined up, the problem is that the end cameras are much further apart than either of the close pairs, leading to odd differences in 3D angulation.
    Hence the camera lenses being located at the points of an equilateral triangle in the new iPhones (Image). Perhaps unimportant or reason enough to doubt this leak. Also, cannot see the little relief port unless that big central feature serves the purpose. Why do it differently to the iPhone?

tmayfirelockwatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 30
    iqatedo said:
    melgross said:
    ... When the three cameras are lined up, the problem is that the end cameras are much further apart than either of the close pairs, leading to odd differences in 3D angulation.
    Hence the camera lenses being located at the points of an equilateral triangle in the new iPhones (Image). Perhaps unimportant or reason enough to doubt this leak. Also, cannot see the little relief port unless that big central feature serves the purpose. Why do it differently to the iPhone?

I don’t know why it’s different. I wish I did. I expected the same module, exactly. There must be a reason why, for the iPad, that they decided on using it the way they did. Possibly because the ipad will be used horizontally most all of the time, rather than the way the iPhone is being used either way. It’s just a guess. Very likely, at some point, after the iPad comes out, if it does have three cameras, someone at Apple will be asked this question, and then we’ll know.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 30
    I take it back. A small bump is fine if you are going to put the iPad in a case. That mock up with a nice clear soft plastic case will look and work great.