Don't update to iOS 13 just yet -- wait for iOS 13.1

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    Here's my bug list from iOS 13.0, and yes I'm sorry I upgraded yesterday, and yes I've reported all of them to Apple:
    • Notifications from app Zoom (video conferencing app) are completely broken
    Zoom was one of those apps abusing VIOP APIs for push notifications.  Apple closed that loophole on iOS 13.  Zoom will have to fix their app.
    magman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 74

techno said:
    I appreciate the intent of the article, to warn people that they might have some problems if they update now. However, it is very disappointing that AI chose not to detail the bugs so that users could have an informed decision to make. The one bug you chose to throw in at the end of the article is one that apparently is easily remedied without waiting for the 13.1 update. 
    NDA's
    NDA's don't usually apply after the software is released...
  • Reply 63 of 74
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    urahara said:
    You better wait until 13.9. Then it will have even more bugs fixed. 
    wait for it, wait for it, wait...

Like the people who are always holding out for "next years" device which will certainly be better. Those people still have iPhone 4 because "next year",

peterhart said:
    matrix077 said:
    peterhart said:
    I always update on release day and thus far, I haven’t encountered any issues. I love the simplified way AirDrop now works with contacts, I haven’t seen the No Sender Mail issue’s, and the new swipe keyboard is pretty cool and comparable to GBoard I used by Google. I’m pretty happy with iOS 13, especially Night Mode. 
    I haven't either. This time I updated early simply because of Apple Arcade. Without it I might wait.

And yes, swipe keyboard is great, but how do you type double letters, like le'tt'ers?
    What I do when typing, as I’ve used GBoard for a long time now, is slightly hold that letter for a split second longer and it registers what I was aiming for. I used to have Apple’s predictive spelling/suggestions turned off, but it was helpful on GBoard so I turned it back on now using Apple’s keyboard. I’d been waiting to ditch Google’s for a while now. 

Only because Google has been saving everything you write.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 74
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    fred1 said:
    I'm grateful for this warning.  I'll definitely wait for 13.1.

I can't understand why Apple went ahead and released version 13.0 with these bugs.  I know, I know, there are often problems with new iOS versions, but this time there's a later version already ready.  Why release a version with known problems for which there's a solution ready?

Please. iOS 13 has less bugs than most releases. Even 13.1 will have bugs.

No Apple did not rush this release.... Apple users have become so spoiled.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 65 of 74
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    fred1 said:
    I'm grateful for this warning.  I'll definitely wait for 13.1.

I can't understand why Apple went ahead and released version 13.0 with these bugs.  I know, I know, there are often problems with new iOS versions, but this time there's a later version already ready.  Why release a version with known problems for which there's a solution ready?
    Every major OS release has bugs. Some are worse than others, but it's a simple fact of programming a complex OS. It doesn't matter whether it's iOS, OS X, Windows, Android or something else. As a rule, I never upgrade to a x.0 release of an operating system. 

The question I have is whether 13.1 will really be any more stable? Many of the bugs get uncovered when an OS is mass released and normally the 'point one' release is where they get fixed. I don't know that that will necessarily be the case with iOS 13.1
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 66 of 74
    9/24...ugh.  I just got my Apple Watch 5, and of course it requires iOS 13 in order to pair it lol.  Looks like it'll be sitting on the nightstand for 4 days...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 67 of 74
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    Probably better to wait for 13.1.1 or 13.1.2.
    magman1979
  • Reply 68 of 74
    User199.763.864User199.763.864 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Does anyone know how to downgrade back to iOS 12.4.1? iOS 13 is crashing my iPhone XS Max
  • Reply 69 of 74
    LarsHLarsH Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Strangely enough this has so far been the smoothest upgrade in long time for me. No apps crashing on start up, no hot and battery hogging days of indexing. Not needed restart yet to fix something. Updated my iPhone XS 256Gb Max thru iTunes.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 70 of 74
    so you all hold back until 13.1 
    Apple won’t know what bugs to fix because your on 12 
    i am sure it makes sense
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 71 of 74
    Wow what a fu in the dark mode in Apple Maps. Satellite view is garbage - all of them are.  And how about the App Update functionality - buried way down and not showing progress when you return to the main screen. Its a mess. I am finding more to hate than like in iOS 13. Not sure I will ever keep my Apple phone past this iOS "update". 
  • Reply 72 of 74
    Pages loading much slower with ios13.  In app access to Internet is slower too. I've rebooted modem and phone, turned off WiFi and turned back on. Forgot network and brought it back. Only thing I've not done is reset networks. 
  • Reply 73 of 74
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    CarPlay sure looks nice with the release of iOS13. Works better too. Seems to remember where I was in a playlist much more regularly than previous versions.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 74 of 74
    jdgaz said:
    CarPlay sure looks nice with the release of iOS13. Works better too. Seems to remember where I was in a playlist much more regularly than previous versions.
    Well...I did try it, and it is something of a disappointment. The multi-pane window dedicates 1/4 of the screen to turn by turn direction. That is fine when you are navigating, but it is static and a waste of space (displaying possible destinations) when it is not.