A first hand look at the best features of Apple Watch Series 5

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    melgross said:
    macgui said:
    From the video, it looks like the Always On display feature can be turned off. That should please those who aren't fans of the feature. It didn't seem likely that Apple wouldn't provide for an Off button, and whether or not any given user wants it, I'm glad it's an option.
    Go to the watch app on your phone and go to screen and be]right es. You can toggle it there.
    You're talking to the wrong guy. And you may have had a mini stroke mid sentence.AppleExposed said:
    macgui said:
    From the video, it looks like the Always On display feature can be turned off. That should please those who aren't fans of the feature. It didn't seem likely that Apple wouldn't provide for an Off button, and whether or not any given user wants it, I'm glad it's an option.

Wouldn't this extend battery a few hours?
    Hard to say. It depends on a lot of things that aren't known, firstly how much juice does the display use in the Always On mode. This is going to vary for different people. Some guy says he gets 21hrs. Another may not get the 18 Apple quoted. Your Electrons May Vary.

Eric_WVGG said:

I've noticed that most adult men opt for the smaller size (mistakenly, IMHO)… I was going to, but did an impromptu survey ("which looks better?") at the Apple store. Half a dozen strangers unanimously agreed that the larger one looked better on my average adult male wrists, so here I am…
    YOU say most men by the 'wrong' size? As if you're the arbiter, IMNSHO. And you had to ask other people to confirm your own damn opinion? Wow, way to man up. 

Why anybody would give a crap about what other people think is beyond me. Buy the watch you like in the size you like and don't worry if it makes your butt look big. It's your damn watch. Judgmental wusses afraid to be judged. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 28
    macgui said:
    That's what I came here to ask.  Can you explain exactly how a user can toggle the always on display?
    It’s simply an option in settings. Settings->Display & Brightness->Always On. From there, there is an Always On toggle and another one to Hide Sensitive Complications. 
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Eric_WVGG said:
    I'm still waiting on WatchOS 6 to be installable in my Watch app… I'm on the iPhone 13.1 beta, wondering if that's interfering? Can't even find an option for enrolling in the WatchOS beta.
    If you have a Series 1 or 2 the update to watchOS 6 is coming at an unstated future update. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 28

My S5 just came in, and one neat thing I didn't know about it was that the Titanium has it's own special-ish band.  I ordered the black sport band, and the watch came with that and the edition band, so two of them.  Pretty cool
    The other thing about the Titanium is there is a plastic like coating on the case over the metal. The durability of this coating is unknown. I’m going to be very careful with the watch until I understand the limits of the case. You might want to go with the diamond like coating version instead. I had a stainless steel version of that and it is extremely tough. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    macgui said:
    melgross said:
    macgui said:
    Go to the watch app on your phone and go to screen and be]right es. You can toggle it there.
    You're talking to the wrong guy. And you may have had a mini stroke mid sentence.AppleExposed said:
    That’s was a pretty stupid reply to me. I was simply giving the information as to how you could toggle it on or off. It didn’t require a reply from you at all. The error was some sort of typo that I didn’t see, as I’m using one eye these days until my retina heals from an operation. So I’m miss things like that.
    sphericchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 28
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Eric_WVGG said:
    I'm still waiting on WatchOS 6 to be installable in my Watch app… I'm on the iPhone 13.1 beta, wondering if that's interfering? Can't even find an option for enrolling in the WatchOS beta.
    WatchOS beta is invite only for the public, I believe. 
    edited September 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 28
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    macgui said:
    That's what I came here to ask.  Can you explain exactly how a user can toggle the always on display?
    There is a button under display settings to toggle it on or off. At 4:08 in the video. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 28
    macgui said:
    You can toggle it in the Display & Brightness Setting (in both the Watch App and on the Watch itself).
    watto_cobra