Trailers for Apple TV+ thrillers 'Truth be Told' and 'Servant' now available

Posted:
in General Discussion
Trailers for two new Apple TV+ thrillers "Truth be Told" and "Servant" were aired during last nights Emmy Awards, giving viewers a sneak peek at two new shows Apple has to offer.

Apple TV+ thriller Truth Be Told

The ads also have appeared on the Apple TV YouTube channel. Both "Servant" and "Truth Be Told" will debut on Apple TV+. Neither show will be available when the service launches on November 1, but are expected to show up shortly after.

"Truth Be Told" is a true-crime drama that stars Octavia Spencer ("The Help", "The Shape of Water") and Aaron Paul ("Breaking Bad", "BoJack Horseman.) The premise of the show follows a famous true-crime podcaster as she is forced to take a second look at a crime she had helped solve when presented with new evidence that may change the original conviction.

Psychological thriller "Servant" is a 10-episode mini-series written by Tony Basgallop and produced by M. Night Shyamalan.

"Servant" tells the story of a Philadelphia couple in mourning after a tragedy causes a rift in their marriage and allowing a mysterious force to enter their home.

The 15-seconds ads are less informative than the longer trailers we've seen for shows like "See" and "Dickinson," and seemed to be designed to pique viewers interests instead.

Apple has been steadily releasing information about the new Apple TV+ lineup that viewers can expect from the service. Apple TV+ will be available in 150 countries upon launch and costs $4.99 a month, though anyone who buys a new iPhone, Mac, or an Apple TV will receive a year of Apple TV+ for free.
eideard

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    "anyone who buys a new iPhone, Mac, or an Apple TV will receive a year of Apple TV+ for free." 
    I thought iPad was included in that list, no?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    I have never seen as many Apple ads in one day, and across several networks, as I saw yesterday. Watching the Buccaneers (lose) there were at least 10. Watching the Rays (lose) another dozen. Watching network TV for just an hour or so last night another 2 or three. 

Heck, whoever here thinks ads don't work should only look as far as Apple. Obviously they disagree with you to the likely tune of $millions in TV ads in a single day.

Fun fact. A 30-second spot during a Sunday afternoon NFL game is averaging over $600K.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    I wonder if the Apple Brand will benefit from being used in a content context. Or at least in such a major way. I wonder if Apple would have been better off creating a separate content division / company? Obviously they have in reality, but the common branding bothers me on a real gut level. Content / Services / Software / Hardware? I just have this horrible feeling about it caving in at some point and one affecting the other negatively. Idk. 
  • Reply 4 of 6
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    gatorguy said:
    I have never seen as many Apple ads in one day, and across several networks, as I saw yesterday. Watching the Buccaneers (lose) there were at least 10. Watching the Rays (lose) another dozen. Watching network TV for just an hour or so last night another 2 or three. 

Heck, whoever here thinks ads don't work should only look as far as Apple. Obviously they disagree with you to the likely tune of $millions in TV ads in a single day.

Fun fact. A 30-second spot during a Sunday afternoon NFL game is averaging over $600K.

Wow. Apple is usually modest with ads even though the haters claim "Apple is only successful because marketing".

Glad they're actually spending some money.

paxman said:
    I wonder if the Apple Brand will benefit from being used in a content context. Or at least in such a major way. I wonder if Apple would have been better off creating a separate content division / company? Obviously they have in reality, but the common branding bothers me on a real gut level. Content / Services / Software / Hardware? I just have this horrible feeling about it caving in at some point and one affecting the other negatively. Idk. 

At worse Apple has a content library. If TV+ ever gets cut the content will be available elsewhere for profit.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    paxman said:
    For me, Apple as a brand consists of a core set of digital appliances. The software and hardware create the experience. The services are sugar on the top. Honey in the fly trap. In an increasingly competitive market, how else should they stand out? Hardware and OS are important but if other developers are not stepping up to make your platform outstanding, why shouldn't you create for the platform you created?

My worry, as far left as I am, is someone like Elizabeth Warren's ideas of breaking up big tech companies.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Wow. Apple is usually modest with ads even though the haters claim "Apple is only successful because marketing".
    I'm a lover, Apple makes some great products, but they are also successful because of psychology and marketing. 👍🏼