Review: The Apple Watch Series 5 leaves the competition in the dust

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    pslicepslice Posts: 153member
    We got our Watch 5s and since we had made the move from a 4 to a 5, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary wearing it. The "Always On" feature might be good for some, but after wearing the watch from 0630 to about 1600 battery life was down to 19%. Had to plunk it on the charger. I turned off the "Always On" and now battery life is back to normal. Also, by the time we go to bed at 2200, the watch is down to 55-60% and I'm not comfortable wearing the watch for two days, I find no use for a sleep monitor. I also use the Fitbit Versa which will last 4 das usually. The problem with having a Versa AND an Apple Watch, people think I'm wearing two Apple Watches. Interesting to compare the step count. The Versa always has more steps, but it is worn on my dominant hand, so figure it's due to more hand movement. The Versa also counts flights of stairs correctly, whereas the Apple Watch hardly ever catches the flight of stair count. Just my opinion.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    My AW5-LTE is supposed to be here tomorrow, retiring my still in great shape and have no issues AW3-LTE.  May throw it back in its original package and get some money back for it.  The fact that all of my bands still work on it is the reason I'm ok upgrading.  If I had to rebuy those I wouldn't have jumped in.