Connecting an External Monitor to my MacBook Pro

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited October 2019
I have a new 15" Macbook Pro and just purchased the LG 34UC80-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor with USB Quick Charge. I  currently have a Targus adapter that allows me to connect and external keyboard and mouse, and also connects the LG 34UC80- to the Targus Adapter, that has a USB cord that connectes to the ubc port on my MacBook pro. The monitor only mirrors about 27" of the 34" monitor. I've had three calls with Apple Support and One to LG and  still can't figure out how to use the entire screen.

This monitor says that the current resolution is 2560 x 1080/60hz and the recommended resolution is 3440 x 1440/60hz.

Three questions:
1) What do I need to do to view the entire 34" monitor?
2) I use Tragus as the adapter because it allows me to use an external keyboard and mouse.  If I wanted a wireless mouse and keyboard what would I need to do to make that happen.

THX U in Advance for your help. I am somewhat technology challenged. 

Dave
[email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,916administrator
    Has your problem solved itself after I removed the affiliate links to the displays, or is this a legitimate question?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Does your Targus adapter allow you to go to 3440 x 1440 resolution? Because I had a type A to HDMI adaptor and that wouldn't allow me to get to full resolution on the screen. Do you have the model of the Targus?