Apple again pulls police monitoring app from Hong Kong app store [u]

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    gatorguy said:
    That's a smart -- and ethical -- move by Apple.   Law and order is good and should not be subverted.
    https://twitter.com/Pinboard/status/1181790993705660416

What law was subverted?

The one that says you aren't allowed to aid and abet those who attack innocent civilians, destroy property both public & private, attack police and throw Molotov cocktails at them.   That law.
    You’re operating under a bullshit premise that everyone using the app to see where conflicts are are doing those things. 

Also, what about laws that say oppressive regimes can’t intern, torture, murder, and harvest organs from a million of its own people?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/chinas-repressive-reach-is-growing/2019/09/27/dccb5f48-dfc1-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-forcefully-harvests-organs-detainees-tribunal-concludes-n1018646

...as reported by an international tribunal and the WaPa. Not made up right-wing fantasy as you’ve previously claimed. 

What’s your personal connection to China?
    Aiding and abetting criminals to commit crimes is both wrong and illegal -- regardless of the qualifications or rationalizations.

Would you be saying the same if another country or company provided strategic aid to law breakers/rioters/terrorists destroying property, attacking innocent citizens, disrupting society and attacking police here in the U.S.?   I doubt it.  You would be up in arms. 
    Your’re speaking jibberish again. Not everyone looking to see where the police and conflicts are are anarchist criminals. That’s absurd. 

You sound like a little dictator. What’s your connection to nationalist China? Full disclosure, I have none, but studied Chinese and Uyghur culture in university, staying in Xinjiang for a couple of weeks. 
    Because you choose to either not understand or do not want to agree does not make it gibberish.   It mostly just shows that you have no argument.

For instance:   "Not everyone..." is merely to distract from how the app was being used:  to aid criminals, rioters and terrorists.   Again, if a Chinese company did that here you would be screaming bloody murder rather than trying to justify it.

Added:   Do I have a connection to China?  No, I just don't buy into the propaganda from the right trying to trigger a second cold war with China -- that's just plain dumb.  It's a war with no purpose and no winners -- just losers -- including us.   We dealt with one cold war with China and don't need another.  Both countries are far better off with cooperation than animosity and tit-for-tat vendettas.
    Your position is absolutely insane. First for your claims that the app is used by criminals and terrorists. Second for pretending the world’s increasing China problem is somehow a right-wing conspiracy — despite GLOBAL reports on China’s increasing human rights violations and recent headlines where the CCTV claimed Americans have no freedom of expression on matters of social stability. Is the WaPo right-wing? Nope. Or the London based international tribunal that exposed the organ harvesting of ethnic minorities? Nope. Critical response to the brutal, murderous, censoring authoritarian regime in China is wide, it doesn’t require a right-wing conspiracy. Remove your tinfoil hat if you’re not a nationalist astroturfer. 

Just get off it already. Whatever reason you’re pretending China isn’t a brutal regime now headed by a “president for life” (dictator) isn’t because of Trump. Or you have issues. Because this was all reported on and during other presidents. 
    A criminal or terrorist is one who breaks laws and terrorizes a society.   That is who this app was designed to aid.  There should be nothing confusing about that.
    And, yeh, the U.S. and the world got along with China pretty well till the right decided to start, first a trade war then, more recently, a second cold war.   Sorry.
    As for human rights violations, we should probably focus on cleaning up our own act before using them as an excuse to start a war of any kind -- whether its hot, cold or a trade war.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,050member

Apple needs to make a choice - and by that I mean Tim Cook - they either stand for their social morals, as they say they do when it comes to anything in the US, Saudi Arabia etc or they don’t. But be consistent. To take the easy way out and grandstand in countries where Apple feels it will not be hurt monetarily but bend the knee to China only makes Tim and Apple come off as hypocrites.

My feeling is companies should be apolitical as the overall need to satisfy shareholders will always win out over political views when the stance taken will result in real harm to the company. And these are stickier situations  compared to changing the keyboard on a MacBook. Stick to what you know Apple or take a stand for everyone everywhere. That’s the choice. Otherwise you expose yourselves as opportunistic wankers.   
    That opinion, that it’s shareholders above all else, is waning, as we see social and civic responsibility are more important. If a government is inhumane (kidnapping and murdering its own citizens, harvesting their organs, etc), it would be insane to suggest the corporate responsibility is to follow the policies of this government. 

Life is political. 
    And that’s fine. If that is indeed the direction of corporate America, or at least Apple, then my main point still stands. Apple should exercise this relatively newfound positioning equally across every region it does business in. 

I’m sure we are all against kidnapping, murdering citizens, and harvesting their organs. Yet as far as  Apple’s concerned that’s ok when it comes to China. What stand are Apple taking there? It’s pretty clear Tim’s moral code has a limit and that limit smells like profit over civic responsibility. 

I’m a big Apple products fan but this ability of Apple’s to look the other way when it’s politically expedient lessens their impact when they do speak up against say US policy. Having a moral or civic code means nothing if you only espouse it when it’s easy and you face no real consequences. 
    Saying that because one cannot change the laws in a foreign, authoritarian regime means one should not attempt to change the law’s in one’s home country, a non-authoritarian republic state ruled by the principles of democracy, is illogical. Of course a person (human or corporate) should attempt to affect change in their own country where the system of government is designed to allow just that.  
    You’re moving the goal posts as I said nothing about changing laws. I’m not speaking to changing laws, I’m speaking to Apple’s selective moral standard. Speak out or don’t speak out. I don’t care. Just be consistent and have some backbone. Apple clearly lacks the moral courage to do so. This point is painfully clear. 
    I’m not. You clearly said that Apple (or any corp really) shouldn’t criticize or speak out in one arena (domestic) if they don’t in another (China). That’s whataboutism, and it’s a logical fallacy. A citizen of the democratic republic of the USA has much more ability to speak out (the point of which is to change the law, didn’t think that needed to be said) than they do abroad. Insisting they be silent in the US because they’re powerless in China is absurd. Corporations are people too, and people are free to pick and choose what issues they address and when they do so. 
    Absurd to you I suppose. Yet the double standard companies (beyond Apple - NBA for instance) apply when it comes China has caught up to them and they recognize it. Whether you feel that is an unfair criticism is immaterial. Apple has set their own standard, nobody else is responsible for that. They promote it. They seek to gain good PR from it. Yet Apple completely disregards it where it jeopardizes their business. Excusing Apple’s behaviour because the can’t affect change in China let’s them off the hook to easily. People everyday speak out when it puts their own interests at risk - case in point, the protesters in Hong Kong. That says everything about Apple and their moral code. 
    And none of that supports your argument logically. No matter now silent Apple or anyone else is inside the borders of China, that does not logically preclude their ability to be vocal on policy in their own country where as free citizens they have the ability to work the system to affect change. For example if I was visiting China or N. Korea, I would remain silent and would not protest the corrupt authoritarian regime, because I value my life and freedom. But once home in the free republic, I would of course practice my right of expression to protest whatever policies I feel like protesting. 

There is no logical failing in doing so. None of your argument, which is "But they're hypocrites!" matters. We're free to protest policies in this country, and just because we didn't or don't do so in countries where we don't have that freedom doesn't mean we somehow gave it up at home too.

"But they're hypocrites!" doesn't matter. It's actually the logical fallacy of ad hominem. (In logic class the prof liked to use the example of Hitler -- he could condemn murder and not be wrong, despite being Hitler. You could say "But you did it too!" but that has no bearing on his position that murder is wrong. This concept is difficult for many to grasp. Oh well)
  • Reply 63 of 69
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,050member
    gatorguy said:
    That's a smart -- and ethical -- move by Apple.   Law and order is good and should not be subverted.

What law was subverted?

The one that says you aren't allowed to aid and abet those who attack innocent civilians, destroy property both public & private, attack police and throw Molotov cocktails at them.   That law.
    You’re operating under a bullshit premise that everyone using the app to see where conflicts are are doing those things. 

Also, what about laws that say oppressive regimes can’t intern, torture, murder, and harvest organs from a million of its own people?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/chinas-repressive-reach-is-growing/2019/09/27/dccb5f48-dfc1-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china-forcefully-harvests-organs-detainees-tribunal-concludes-n1018646

...as reported by an international tribunal and the WaPa. Not made up right-wing fantasy as you’ve previously claimed. 

Aiding and abetting criminals to commit crimes is both wrong and illegal -- regardless of the qualifications or rationalizations.

Would you be saying the same if another country or company provided strategic aid to law breakers/rioters/terrorists destroying property, attacking innocent citizens, disrupting society and attacking police here in the U.S.?   I doubt it.  You would be up in arms. 
    Your’re speaking jibberish again. Not everyone looking to see where the police and conflicts are are anarchist criminals. That’s absurd. 

You sound like a little dictator. What’s your connection to nationalist China? Full disclosure, I have none, but studied Chinese and Uyghur culture in university, staying in Xinjiang for a couple of weeks. 
    Because you choose to either not understand or do not want to agree does not make it gibberish.   It mostly just shows that you have no argument.

For instance:   "Not everyone..." is merely to distract from how the app was being used:  to aid criminals, rioters and terrorists.   Again, if a Chinese company did that here you would be screaming bloody murder rather than trying to justify it.

Added:   Do I have a connection to China?  No, I just don't buy into the propaganda from the right trying to trigger a second cold war with China -- that's just plain dumb.  It's a war with no purpose and no winners -- just losers -- including us.   We dealt with one cold war with China and don't need another.  Both countries are far better off with cooperation than animosity and tit-for-tat vendettas.
    Your position is absolutely insane. First for your claims that the app is used by criminals and terrorists. Second for pretending the world’s increasing China problem is somehow a right-wing conspiracy — despite GLOBAL reports on China’s increasing human rights violations and recent headlines where the CCTV claimed Americans have no freedom of expression on matters of social stability. Is the WaPo right-wing? Nope. Or the London based international tribunal that exposed the organ harvesting of ethnic minorities? Nope. Critical response to the brutal, murderous, censoring authoritarian regime in China is wide, it doesn’t require a right-wing conspiracy. Remove your tinfoil hat if you’re not a nationalist astroturfer. 

Just get off it already. Whatever reason you’re pretending China isn’t a brutal regime now headed by a “president for life” (dictator) isn’t because of Trump. Or you have issues. Because this was all reported on and during other presidents. 
    A criminal or terrorist is one who breaks laws and terrorizes a society.   That is who this app was designed to aid.  There should be nothing confusing about that.

And, yeh, the U.S. and the world got along with China pretty well till the right decided to start, first a trade war then, more recently, a second cold war.   Sorry.

As for human rights violations, we should probably focus on cleaning up our own act before using them as an excuse to start a war of any kind -- whether its hot, cold or a trade war.
    1) Not according to the app developers, it's not. They said it's for people wanting to know where the police and the protestors are, of which there are many reason to wish to know. And Cook said the same -- the data itself, on where checkpoints and riots are, is benign. 

2) You're nuts. The US has been complaining about China for decades, including under Obama administration. Are you really so ignorant, or do you just think everyone else is that stupid? We're not sharing in your delusion, friend.

3) "We" aren't starting a war. And second, the US' track record on human rights is outright saintly compared to the forced internment, torture, murder, and forced organ harvesting of a million Uyghurs by your Chinese comrades. Further, you're also deploying the ad hominem logical fallacy -- "But you do bad things too!" This simply doesn't matter, as it doesn't somehow negate the policies and behaviors of China which are the topic. That the US is not perfect doesn't somehow invalidate the position that China is major threat to the free world as demonstrated by its monstrous behavior. 

I hope they pay you by the post!
  • Reply 64 of 69

Apple needs to make a choice - and by that I mean Tim Cook - they either stand for their social morals, as they say they do when it comes to anything in the US, Saudi Arabia etc or they don’t. But be consistent. To take the easy way out and grandstand in countries where Apple feels it will not be hurt monetarily but bend the knee to China only makes Tim and Apple come off as hypocrites.

My feeling is companies should be apolitical as the overall need to satisfy shareholders will always win out over political views when the stance taken will result in real harm to the company. And these are stickier situations  compared to changing the keyboard on a MacBook. Stick to what you know Apple or take a stand for everyone everywhere. That’s the choice. Otherwise you expose yourselves as opportunistic wankers.   
    That opinion, that it’s shareholders above all else, is waning, as we see social and civic responsibility are more important. If a government is inhumane (kidnapping and murdering its own citizens, harvesting their organs, etc), it would be insane to suggest the corporate responsibility is to follow the policies of this government. 

Life is political. 
    And that’s fine. If that is indeed the direction of corporate America, or at least Apple, then my main point still stands. Apple should exercise this relatively newfound positioning equally across every region it does business in. 

I’m sure we are all against kidnapping, murdering citizens, and harvesting their organs. Yet as far as  Apple’s concerned that’s ok when it comes to China. What stand are Apple taking there? It’s pretty clear Tim’s moral code has a limit and that limit smells like profit over civic responsibility. 

I’m a big Apple products fan but this ability of Apple’s to look the other way when it’s politically expedient lessens their impact when they do speak up against say US policy. Having a moral or civic code means nothing if you only espouse it when it’s easy and you face no real consequences. 
    Saying that because one cannot change the laws in a foreign, authoritarian regime means one should not attempt to change the law’s in one’s home country, a non-authoritarian republic state ruled by the principles of democracy, is illogical. Of course a person (human or corporate) should attempt to affect change in their own country where the system of government is designed to allow just that.  
    You’re moving the goal posts as I said nothing about changing laws. I’m not speaking to changing laws, I’m speaking to Apple’s selective moral standard. Speak out or don’t speak out. I don’t care. Just be consistent and have some backbone. Apple clearly lacks the moral courage to do so. This point is painfully clear. 
    I’m not. You clearly said that Apple (or any corp really) shouldn’t criticize or speak out in one arena (domestic) if they don’t in another (China). That’s whataboutism, and it’s a logical fallacy. A citizen of the democratic republic of the USA has much more ability to speak out (the point of which is to change the law, didn’t think that needed to be said) than they do abroad. Insisting they be silent in the US because they’re powerless in China is absurd. Corporations are people too, and people are free to pick and choose what issues they address and when they do so. 
    Absurd to you I suppose. Yet the double standard companies (beyond Apple - NBA for instance) apply when it comes China has caught up to them and they recognize it. Whether you feel that is an unfair criticism is immaterial. Apple has set their own standard, nobody else is responsible for that. They promote it. They seek to gain good PR from it. Yet Apple completely disregards it where it jeopardizes their business. Excusing Apple’s behaviour because the can’t affect change in China let’s them off the hook to easily. People everyday speak out when it puts their own interests at risk - case in point, the protesters in Hong Kong. That says everything about Apple and their moral code. 
    And none of that supports your argument logically. No matter now silent Apple or anyone else is inside the borders of China, that does not logically preclude their ability to be vocal on policy in their own country where as free citizens they have the ability to work the system to affect change. For example if I was visiting China or N. Korea, I would remain silent and would not protest the corrupt authoritarian regime, because I value my life and freedom. But once home in the free republic, I would of course practice my right of expression to protest whatever policies I feel like protesting. 

There is no logical failing in doing so. None of your argument, which is "But they're hypocrites!" matters. We're free to protest policies in this country, and just because we didn't or don't do so in countries where we don't have that freedom doesn't mean we somehow gave it up at home too.

"But they're hypocrites!" doesn't matter. It's actually the logical fallacy of ad hominem. (In logic class the prof liked to use the example of Hitler -- he could condemn murder and not be wrong, despite being Hitler. You could say "But you did it too!" but that has no bearing on his position that murder is wrong. This concept is difficult for many to grasp. Oh well)
    Your argument is a very good if this were a debate taking place in a classroom. Unfortunately for Apple every decision they make that relates to Apple’s stated core values will be held against a standard they themselves have set. Again, you may find that unfair but the result of Apple’s actions have it losing a PR battle they can never hope to win. The outcome today bears that out - public outcry is squarely against Apple yet the markets have rewarded the stock. Apple chose the money over their own moral convictions that is what the market sees. I have a moral compass that doesn’t change because of the people I’m around or my situation. I know what I stand for and let defend those values regardless of the consequence. Most people are like that. People are free to be as hypocritical as they want, but eventually people catch on. 
    svanstrom
  • Reply 65 of 69
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,594member
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    Standing up to China on human rights issues is the job of the government. Corporations can do some messaging and posturing, but there's no reason to expect them to fall on their sword over something like this. 
    I would agree with you. 

Apple chose to ignore your advice and make "core values" and "responsible actions" into a marketing plan. They've inserted themselves into the conversation with their high-profile and widely (self)reported resistance to government demands in their home country of America. 

There are those here who chimed in about Google being evil and disingenuous by re-entering China after leaving there some years ago over privacy, interference, and censorship demands coming from their government. Ultimately Google chose the right path (IMO) and decided it was not in their best interests to do so. No longer any plans to re-enter China.  

Apple promotes themselves as having only the best interests of their users in mind, going to the mat if necessary to protect them from evil government intrusion. So here we are with Apple bending knee in China. Not even a public statement expressing concerns. You don't see any disconnect from their actions and their PR speak? IMO you're not being honest if you say no. 
    Not quite:  They aren't bending a knee to China.   Instead, they are not willing to aid and abet rioters, criminals and terrorists by showing them how to avoid the police trying to enforce the laws and keep the peace.

I'd be more inclined to think you were trying to make a legitimate argument if you wouldn't continue to ignore my questions about Apple also banning the Quartz app reportedly at China's behest because they didn't like them reporting on the Hong Kong protests. How is that a law and order issue? Sure does look like Apple bending the knee.

Both apps are still available thru Google Play and no laws have been cited in support for removing them, or from Apple's App Store either for that matter. 
    The only thing I know about quartz is that it makes for cool looking rocks.   Here we are talking about an app used to aid and abet Criminals, rioters and terrorists to avoid the police who are trying to maintain law, order and peace.
    Perhaps while feigning ignorance you might get out and read more, and start right here with the AI article you "didn't see". :/
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/10/09/news-app-quartz-removed-from-chinese-app-store-amidst-hong-kong-protests
    Is that how you really want to be known, disingenuous? 
    I have read the facts of what is going on in Hong Kong and with the app that is the content of this thread.   It's all that I need.   If you want to trash Apple, we will file that under "Free Speech".
    Free speech, while Apple removes a news source dedicated to free speech.

I don't think you have much respect for the right to free speech since you have zero appreciation for the non-violent participants in the Hong Kong protest exercising theirs, and risking severe physical harm to do so. They seem far more dedicated to protecting it than you are demonstrating as you prefer to turn a blind eye when others rights are trampled. Law and order Yeah!!

Hey as long as you got your rights it's all good, huh? 
    "Non-Violent?
    You must be getting your information from one of those sites dedicated to what is euphemistically called "Free Speech".
    They're all violent? Not even....
  • Reply 66 of 69
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    Standing up to China on human rights issues is the job of the government. Corporations can do some messaging and posturing, but there's no reason to expect them to fall on their sword over something like this. 
    I would agree with you. 

Apple chose to ignore your advice and make "core values" and "responsible actions" into a marketing plan. They've inserted themselves into the conversation with their high-profile and widely (self)reported resistance to government demands in their home country of America. 

There are those here who chimed in about Google being evil and disingenuous by re-entering China after leaving there some years ago over privacy, interference, and censorship demands coming from their government. Ultimately Google chose the right path (IMO) and decided it was not in their best interests to do so. No longer any plans to re-enter China.  

Apple promotes themselves as having only the best interests of their users in mind, going to the mat if necessary to protect them from evil government intrusion. So here we are with Apple bending knee in China. Not even a public statement expressing concerns. You don't see any disconnect from their actions and their PR speak? IMO you're not being honest if you say no. 
    Not quite:  They aren't bending a knee to China.   Instead, they are not willing to aid and abet rioters, criminals and terrorists by showing them how to avoid the police trying to enforce the laws and keep the peace.

I'd be more inclined to think you were trying to make a legitimate argument if you wouldn't continue to ignore my questions about Apple also banning the Quartz app reportedly at China's behest because they didn't like them reporting on the Hong Kong protests. How is that a law and order issue? Sure does look like Apple bending the knee.

Both apps are still available thru Google Play and no laws have been cited in support for removing them, or from Apple's App Store either for that matter. 
    The only thing I know about quartz is that it makes for cool looking rocks.   Here we are talking about an app used to aid and abet Criminals, rioters and terrorists to avoid the police who are trying to maintain law, order and peace.
    Perhaps while feigning ignorance you might get out and read more, and start right here with the AI article you "didn't see". :/
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/10/09/news-app-quartz-removed-from-chinese-app-store-amidst-hong-kong-protests
    I have read the facts of what is going on in Hong Kong and with the app that is the content of this thread.   It's all that I need.   If you want to trash Apple, we will file that under "Free Speech".

I don't think you have much respect for the right to free speech since you have zero appreciation for the non-violent participants in the Hong Kong protest exercising theirs, and risking severe physical harm to do so. They seem far more dedicated to protecting it than you are demonstrating as you prefer to turn a blind eye when others rights are trampled. Law and order Yeah!!

"Non-Violent?
    You must be getting your information from one of those sites dedicated to what is euphemistically called "Free Speech".
    Push a person far enough and he will strike back; but it wouldn’t be fair to call that self defense “violent” as if it was the cause, and not just a forced reaction. 
  • Reply 67 of 69
    gatorguy said:

What law was subverted?

1) Not according to the app developers, it's not. They said it's for people wanting to know where the police and the protestors are, of which there are many reason to wish to know. And Cook said the same -- the data itself, on where checkpoints and riots are, is benign. 

2) You're nuts. The US has been complaining about China for decades, including under Obama administration. Are you really so ignorant, or do you just think everyone else is that stupid? We're not sharing in your delusion, friend.

3) "We" aren't starting a war. And second, the US' track record on human rights is outright saintly compared to the forced internment, torture, murder, and forced organ harvesting of a million Uyghurs by your Chinese comrades. Further, you're also deploying the ad hominem logical fallacy -- "But you do bad things too!" This simply doesn't matter, as it doesn't somehow negate the policies and behaviors of China which are the topic. That the US is not perfect doesn't somehow invalidate the position that China is major threat to the free world as demonstrated by its monstrous behavior. 

I hope they pay you by the post!
    !)   ROFL....  Why would anybody trust what the developers of THIS app have to say?
    2)  Complaining or disagreeing is not the same as starting a war (of any kind). 
    3)  Not starting a war?   The Great Negotiator announced his war and initiated it in the form of a trade war thinking he could intimidate China.  And, your posts demonstrate how it has evolved into a disinformation campaign propagating hate towards China.   And, as it expands, it is evolving into a second cold war with, not only our primary trading partner but a formidable nuclear power.   No, Trump started multiple fronts in his war on China -- and he is finding that he bit off more than he can chew.  He listened to his hawkish advisors who, once again, filled his head with nonsense.  But China has played it smart with the man-child being vigilant to not provoking any temper tantrums but neither backing down from his attempts to tell them how to run their country or open it up to Wall Street banksters.  
  • Reply 68 of 69
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    I would agree with you. 

"Non-Violent?
    "They're A L L  violent?   EVERY   SINGLE ONE OF THEM?"
    ...  Nice strawman.   You knocked him down well.  Knocked him silly!
  • Reply 69 of 69

Life is political. 

The trouble is:  There is no evidence to support those claims -- no matter how often they are repeated.   Actually, that pretty much applies to the U.S. as much or more than any other country.   Kidnapping:   Aside from all the kids taken from their mothers and put in cages, here a black teenager was jailed for 15 months for a crime it was proven he did not commit (he had a GPS ankle bracelet that showed he was at home when he crime was committed) and unarmed black men are regularly shot dead by police while our organ donations system is a mess.

That's not to trash the U.S. -- we're far from perfect but not evil.   Just to point out that you can build a case against anybody or anything by cherry picking or distorting facts -- if you want to.
    You willfully miss my point - I was quoting StrangeDays response to me.

My point is Apple doesn’t apply their sense of morality equally in each area they do business. That essentially makes their proclamations a PR exercise rather than a set of overall company values. I’m just asking for them to show a little backbone and in the current situations with Hong Kong and China and Taiwan and China Apple is suffering a lack of courage. 
    ronn