Tim Cook defends choice to pull Hong Kong police monitoring app from App Store

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    tzeshan said:
    I can imagine Google is praying people don't notice this app on Androids. 
    Why.  They didn’t bow down to China.  Unlike Apple.  
    I’m a huge Apple fan but we all know why Apple pulled the app.   Because China told them too. And China kinda runs the tech world. 
    edited October 2019
  • Reply 82 of 85
    imat said:
    I still remember this answer regarding a criticism made because Apple was being too environmental friendly:
     In response, Cook explained that not everything Apple does is motivated by money. "If you want me to do things only for [return on investment] reasons," he explained, "you should get out of this stock." 

Those were good times. Maybe the strategy of "everything made in China" is backfiring big time, but Apple used to champion something more than mere ROI and, on the environment side still does. But on a political level, the absolute avoidance of any politics, be it in the US as well as abroad, for a global company like Apple won't be sustainable in the long run. 
    Come on.   I love my Apple toys.  But all apple cares about is $$$$$.  TC talks the talk but always puts the cash first (not saying it’s wrong as CEO, but then stfu politically)
  • Reply 83 of 85
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    I totally agree with Tim here! So many times already and in the future too, these kind of things have been developed for benign positive reasons. But then abused by shitty people and organizations to target the innocent. This is a prime example of that...just look at was has become of social media platforms...havens for racists, Nazis and bullies!
  • Reply 84 of 85
    tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    But I have publicized it on some Chinese web site. 
    Nice to know there is some good patriotic Chinese informers like yourself who tell the Chinese government whom else to pressure and blackmail. While you are at it, while you don't you tell your handlers to take a bit easier on those millions of Uyghurs they locked up in concentration camps (sorry - education camps). Some of those stupid Westerners have started to notice. 

Just a guess - Google probably doesn't care as much about China since they essentially left in 2009 and don't have much activity left there. Unlike Apple.
    Don't challenge me. I am very knowledgeable about every thing. For example, can you tell me why US still jail thousands of muslims in Cuba base? 
    At least they are not harvesting organs
    I have not seen any credible evidence. 
    I think it was merely playing with water they did.
  • Reply 84 of 85
    jmulchino said:
    tzeshan said:

netrox said:
    I just LOL at how people think they have all the credible information just because they're reading the sources that they chose. Really, there are a lot more to what you read on the internet. And I know how some violence is inflicted on the innocent because... the INTERNET!
    Simple explanation. The western media will never report positive news for China. This will be like slapping their faces after demonizing China for decades and more. 
    Okay, give me five positive news stories for China that you think are being ignored by the western media. 
    Remember Mark Twain. "Never argue with......."