Mac Notifications

Posted:
in macOS
You used to be able to get notifications from the MAC whenever a new story was posted.  I have a fresh copy of Mojave installed.  Normally when I go to the site the first time it prompts me to ALLOW notifications from apple insider.  This is no longer happening.  Please help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    This should still be working. I’ll talk to the developers about it.
    abrookerhs
  • Reply 2 of 4
    abrookerhsabrookerhs Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    Any luck on this one?  Let me know if I can help test etc.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Any luck on this one?  Let me know if I can help test etc.
    Well, we can't reproduce the problem on this end.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/06/22/how-to-manage-safari-notifications-in-macos-high-sierra-and-mojave

See if we're unchecked in the notifications list that you can see in the article above.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    abrookerhsabrookerhs Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    Hey there.  It won't even give the option.  This is a new install.  I wish there was a way to force it.  But usually the first time you visit the site, it pops up asking if I would like to allow notifications from AppleInsider and then Im good to go.  I thought Apple had turned something off, so they tested it numerous times and they don't get them either.  So if you are actually getting folks using Safari for the first time and getting the prompt.... then Im not sure what I can do to force it to ask.  I wish we could manually add.  

Anyway... I took a screenshot to show you that its not in the 'safari, website, notifications list to allow or deny, but I don't see where I can attach it.  Also, the box at the bottom of that window also has a check in the box to allow sites to ask for permission.