Half of all compatible iPhones now run iOS 13, iPadOS adoption hits 33%

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    M68000 said:
    This is a bit hard to believe considering how long iOS 13.x.x has been out and all of the ranting about issues with it there have been.   I myself have been scared to upgrade since my phone is working fantastic on 12.4.1.  Perhaps in the future,  they should do more evolutionary changes to iOS instead of what seems to be massive changes.  It seems obvious they had to code for the new 3 camera system on the new phones.  But instead,  could they have focused on the new cameras first and then work on the new changes and release the new changes after much more thorough beta testing?  More than any other release, it seems 13 was rushed out the door when it didn't have to be.  I wonder if Tim Cook is aware of all the negative posts about it on various forums.

Ummm what planet are you on?

It's typical for iOS users to adopt quickly and iOS 13 is one of the most stable releases ever.

You must be paying too much attention to the anti-Apple media which will blow up any Apple issue but ignore dangerous security flaws of the knockoffs.
    I can't find a single prior iOS release that has hit x.1.3 before December of that year and we aren't even out of October.
    Most x.1 are November at best and tied to hardware releases post iPhone update that year.

Versions number say there has been serious issues without any subjective gauges.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    mattinoz said:
    M68000 said:
    This is a bit hard to believe considering how long iOS 13.x.x has been out and all of the ranting about issues with it there have been.   I myself have been scared to upgrade since my phone is working fantastic on 12.4.1.  Perhaps in the future,  they should do more evolutionary changes to iOS instead of what seems to be massive changes.  It seems obvious they had to code for the new 3 camera system on the new phones.  But instead,  could they have focused on the new cameras first and then work on the new changes and release the new changes after much more thorough beta testing?  More than any other release, it seems 13 was rushed out the door when it didn't have to be.  I wonder if Tim Cook is aware of all the negative posts about it on various forums.

Ummm what planet are you on?

It's typical for iOS users to adopt quickly and iOS 13 is one of the most stable releases ever.

You must be paying too much attention to the anti-Apple media which will blow up any Apple issue but ignore dangerous security flaws of the knockoffs.
    I can't find a single prior iOS release that has hit x.1.3 before December of that year and we aren't even out of October.
    Most x.1 are November at best and tied to hardware releases post iPhone update that year.

Versions number say there has been serious issues without any subjective gauges.
    I appreciate that Apple chosen to respond for any potential and minor issues as quick as possible before they get blown out of proportion by media (again). The fact remains that I installed since 13.0 with no issues.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 23
    mattinoz said:

Version numbers mean no such thing.  In order to release the OS at a specific time some features that were not quite ready were disabled or left out.   As they were finished they were rolled out in point releases.  Not really a problem for most people.  It just means you get more features than you would have if they had played it safe and just had a single release.  It also means you aren't getting a half-baked release that should have been postponed until finished.
    watto_cobra