Adobe 'all-in' on Photoshop for iPad despite missing features, Illustrator for iPad report...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    spice-boy said:
    I could not imagine wanting to use PS on a iPad. Making color, contrast, levels etc... adjustments is one thing but cutting out shapes, juggling layers and detail work is still best suited to a desktop.
    My entire use case for Photoshop on the iPad is tied to the Pencil, and was a large driving factor in getting my iPad Pro and Luna Display — so I don't have to pack my Intuos tablet with me everywhere as well. Brushing/cloning/masking etc with a mouse or trackpad is a miserable experience. If the iPad version of PS sucks, I'll just continue to toss over the window to the iPad via Luna Display and do my brushing that way.
    lonestar1
  • Reply 22 of 24
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    DAalseth said:
    jhalmos said:
    Affinity Photo is going to be a tough one to beat. It’s already a copy of the desktop version and is a year ahead of Adobe releasing it’s baby-step version. And Affinity also has Illustrator beat. Good luck with that.
    I agree totally. Affinity is starting to really give Adobe a run for their money. Their pricing is reasonable, and their products are VERY GOOD.
    I'm not really a fan of Affinity, there's a lot of potential with that app,  but I can't get comfortable with the UI 
    Though I've come to love Designer, I have to agree. It took me a long while to get to where it's intuitive, and even after using it for a year, parts feel a bit kludgy. But once you get used to it and its quirks, it is very capable. OTOH there are a lot of parts of Adobe products I really dislike.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    pretty much the same as google docs users who think it offers the same functionality as desktop MS Word because all they do is centre text, change font size and use bullets.
    Please, don’t mention Word. When I worked for Microsoft, it drove me (and many other people) crazy that we’d get requests for some weird feature that “the customers” (how many customers?) wanted. And we were never able to say no, regardless of how much work was involved and how small the return actually was (especially when Steve Ballmer was in charge). Whereas at Apple, Steve Jobs would just say, “We’re not going to do that” and everyone would talk about how arrogant he was. And senior management didn’t even realize how Apple was kicking our butts, because our feature set was so much greater, 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    wizard69 said:
    You have to wonder how people in this society got so out of touch with reality that they actually expected 100 percent of photoshop.   Just the fact that iPad is touch based should have got them to thinking.  
    Because an Adobe rep stood up on stage and said, “This isn’t ‘Photoshop for iPad”, this is Photoshop *on* the iPad”? When you say things like that, they can come back to bite you.