Apple Card users having problems with making payments

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Kuyangkoh said:
    Hhehehehehehe......no thanks Apple
    card for now
    My Card has been 100% A-OK since day one. Listen if you want to be that person who constantly thinks the sky is falling, then please, be my guest. But don’t assume that every incident is representative of a wider issue.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 39
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    lkrupp said:
    I've made several payments on mine, no issues at all. I've been impressed with my experience so far.
    There will always be outliers and the Internet amplifies them. Nothing to see here.
    Yes, obviously since it doesn’t affect you it’s a lie made up to discredit Apple. Or maybe (just maybe) your experience doesn’t apply to everyone and there actually is a significant number of people affected by this? 
    chemengin1muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 23 of 39

This one happened to me today. My payment didn't return a verification or change the balance figure. So I paid it again, same thing. 10 minutes later the both went thru. Oops.
    gatorguy said:
    This one happened to me today. My payment didn't return a verification or change the balance figure. So I paid it again, same thing. 10 minutes later the both went thru. Oops.
    I had this happen in a single instance with AMEX. I made a payment the day before the due date, or at least thought I did, several thousand dollars. The next evening on the day it would have been due showed no payment was made so I immediately did one. By the next day both payments were acknowledged but as it was a Sunday they were not yet processed.

Monday morning my secretary called AMEX and advised what happened. The rep said he couldn't do anything to correct it until the payments actually posted but I could contact my bank to stop payment on the duplicate. 

Totally the wrong advice.  As far as their automated systems were concerned my payment didn't clear and I was in default. Two other accounts with them were immediately placed in default too and interest rates on the balances raised according to the default terms. It took two more billing cycles before everything was corrected. What a zoo!
    This was my concern/question. Goldman Sachs can easily wave interest charges for people unable to make payments, but what about the people who make 2 payments and suddenly have and extra $1000 taken out of their accounts, meaning they are either overdrawn or they don’t have funds to make other payments?
  • Reply 24 of 39
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    lkrupp said:
    I've made several payments on mine, no issues at all. I've been impressed with my experience so far.
    There will always be outliers and the Internet amplifies them. Nothing to see here.
    I'm going to disagree with this assessment in one crucial way:  The lesson is to not wait until the day the payment is due to try to pay. Always allow several days just in case something like this happens.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 39
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,884member
    ktappe said:
    lkrupp said:
    I'm going to disagree with this assessment in one crucial way:  The lesson is to not wait until the day the payment is due to try to pay. Always allow several days just in case something like this happens.
    The problem isn’t the day it occurred, it’s the fact that people are making duplicate payments due to the issue. 
    edited November 2019 MplsPwatto_cobraCloudTalkin
  • Reply 26 of 39
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I've made three payments, but to a physical address, and not vial the Wallet app. I don't want to link my bank account to the GS, so I set up an address in my bank's bill pay. It sends a payment to G-S and all is well. It takes 5-7 business days so it's a little slower, but the Payment Due is always the same day each month so planning is a piece of cake.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 39
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    When I made my monthly payment several days ago, maybe two days early, I got an email hours later saying payment day approaching. I checked my wallet app and it showed my payment successfully went through. Next day I got another email reminder... so a synching glitch in my experience. first month payment went fine
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 39
    ktappe said:
    lkrupp said:
    Actually the payment I made was not due to the 30th. of November. I always pay when notified of a new statement. So that kills that comment.

Goldman Sachs corrected the situation at 5:30 PM EDT last night where they only took one payment and not the second. But the issue is their system was wonky in that if a customer had been sent the payment notification as in the past, there would have been no duplicate payment made and no need to wait over an hour on hold on the phone or on the message app to try and correct the situation. The applecard/GS customer service was atrocious is a matter in of itself. I have never waited that long to speak to my other credit card companies. Never
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 29 of 39
    I had duplicate payments processed and the credit card department would do nothing except file a dispute. I had to have my bank do a stop charge. 

Additionally, my credit card balance is VERY wrong. I have less than a third of my
    credit available to me when I should have about all of it available. The math is very, very wrong. The Apple Credit Card customer service is horrible. 

I don't know if you all know this, but they also don’t report to credit agencies. Nothing you do with your Apple Card has any effect on your credit score. 
    edited November 2019 Flagler
  • Reply 30 of 39
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Rihvur said:
    I don't know if you all know this, but they also don’t report to credit agencies. Nothing you do with your Apple Card has any effect on your credit score. 
    Do know, don't care. The non-reporting will probably change if it hasn't started already.

And to put a fine point on it, I disagree a little about your statement. My FICA score was rated excellent before I got the card. Using it has changed my habits a bit and my score has risen substantially. TBH, I have no idea what aspects have affected the increase. The one thing I can put my finger on is using the Apple Card as my primary card. I use other credit cards infrequently, for larger purchases, but carry zero balances nonetheless.

The Customer Service on the financial/banking end is probably G-S and not Apple. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 39
    macgui said:
    Rihvur said:
    Do know, don't care. The non-reporting will probably change if it hasn't started already.

And to put a fine point on it, I disagree a little about your statement. My FICA score was rated excellent before I got the card. Using it has changed my habits a bit and my score has risen substantially. TBH, I have no idea what aspects have affected the increase. The one thing I can put my finger on is using the Apple Card as my primary card. I use other credit cards infrequently, for larger purchases, but carry zero balances nonetheless.

The Customer Service on the financial/banking end is probably G-S and not Apple. 
    According to this report they will be reporting, they just haven't started yet. Among the factors that affect your credit score are payment history (on time, late payments) as well as the balance on your cards as a percentage of your total credit. If you have a balance on your card when they report to the agency then it can have an effect on your score. That may be what's happening - by using the Apple Card, the balance on your other cards is lower.
  • Reply 32 of 39

ktappe said:
    lkrupp said:
    The problem isn’t the day it occurred, it’s the fact that people are making duplicate payments due to the issue. 
    Strange Days is correct. Also, there are plenty of people who will wait to pay off their card so they can maximize the interest on their accounts, or that wait until after they get their paycheck so they can pay it all at once. Are you suggesting that people are at fault for assuming Goldman Sachs will provide the service as they promised they would?
    gatorguywatto_cobramuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 33 of 39
    One thing I learned today is if one has auto pay on and then decides earlier to pay off the amount, auto pay will deduct the monthly amount again. In my case crediting next month's balance, but a surprise for sure.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 39
    jojo Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Submitted payment 3 times because no update was shown in the wallet app...
    Goldman Sachs rep said they couldn't dispute the payments until they posted. 
    Whelp I guess some money will be tied up for a little while.

Thanks Apple. 
  • Reply 35 of 39
    jo said:

Thanks Apple. 
    Like I posted before. Apple Card/GS did remove the second payment attempt. They sent a message saying just one payment was posted.
    so far my credit union simply shows the one payment made as a second attempt (10 am) so they did something.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    jo said:

Thanks Apple. 
    Been there with another card. It wasn't a good experience. 
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Had my October 27 payment fail (second payment, first no issues), tried again yesterday within hours of notice that it failed, that one fails in about 16 hours. Nothing shows up on bank account, plenty of funds. 

So much for not screwing up a very easy source of revenue, GS/Apple. 
    gatorguy
  • Reply 38 of 39
    esell626esell626 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I made two payments on Nov 1, both not showing up immediately.  When I went to close out the app, it ended up paying the full amount owed, almost $1850. I called Apple, filed a dispute. They said they were only going to accept my first two payments and said the third payment would be reimbursed with a check due to errors in their system that day. Turns out today, Goldman Sachs, emailed me and said there was no error in payments and they will not be refunding me the payment made in error. To say that there was no error found is deceptively disingenuous. 

To boot, a rep who I was texting me while I was at my bank promised me only the first two payments would go through.  My first credit card in four years.  Now they have to file a high level dispute.

edited November 2019 Flagler
  • Reply 39 of 39
    I always set up my credit cards to pay the full statement amount when due. 
    So on my Apple card, I was surprised when the first payment in September was made twice.
    No one at Goldman Sachs could ever tell me why this happened.  A couple of weeks later they sent a check to return one of the payments.

And then today I noticed that on 10/31 they paid the full statement amount (exactly as planned), but then they also charged interest!
    I called Goldman Sachs, and after being put on hold a few times, the rep came back and said he would file a "dispute" to get the interest refunded.  Again he didn't know why it happened, but he thinks it may be "because of some system issues they were having".    He says I should get an email about this within 90 days!