Trailer for Apple TV+ film 'The Banker' hits YouTube

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited December 2019
Apple's "The Banker" gets a new YouTube trailer ahead of its December 6 theatrical release.

The two and a half minute long trailer highlights clips from the Apple Original Film. "The Banker" has been chosen to close out Hollywood's American Film Institute Festival on November 21.

"The Banker" follows two African American entrepreneurs working to overcome the racial limitations of the 1960s. Two business men, played by Jackson and Mackie, quietly try to provide housing loans to the African American community in Jim Crow Texas.

The film is based off of the true story of two African American businessmen who hired a working-class white man to pretend to be the head of their business empire. At the same time, the pair posed as a janitor and chauffeur.

The film hosts big name celebrities such as Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Mackie, and Nicholas Hoult. The film is directed by George Nolfi ("The Adjustment Bureau"), and is produced by Joe Viertel.

It is written by Niceole Levy, George Nolfi, David Lewis Smith and Stan Younger, and based off a story written by Brad Kane.

"The Banker" will premiere in theaters on December 6 before later releasing to Apple TV+. Its release at the AFI festival will qualify it for 2019 awards.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    This is actually one of the movies I was looking forward to the most with Apple TV+, im a sucker for 'based on true events' movies.
    AppleExposedtmay
  • Reply 2 of 7
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Looks good.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Looks good! I just don't understand why Apple is prioritizing YouTube over its own TV App to drop this trailer in.
    lolliver
  • Reply 4 of 7
    looks good. will watch for sure
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Looks to be the best show on Apple TV. See is kind of lame. They are blind humans with built-in radar detection to avoid obstacles and with hearing far beyond ordinary. Too unrealistic to me.

Their nature series is ok, but definitely not top notch by any stretch.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mindwaves said:
    Looks to be the best show on Apple TV. See is kind of lame. They are blind humans with built-in radar detection to avoid obstacles and with hearing far beyond ordinary. Too unrealistic to me.

Their nature series is ok, but definitely not top notch by any stretch.
    Keep in mind that the “See” story is set hundreds of years in the future and the survivors of the massive plague which wipes out most of humanity results in people surviving who are best able to survive without sight.

The third episode is the best one so far, featuring some impressive fighting by Momoa.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    jgreg728 said:
    Looks good! I just don't understand why Apple is prioritizing YouTube over its own TV App to drop this trailer in.
    It’s because you have no idea how marketing works, apparently. This is a trailer like any other, put on the one video platform on the planet that has the most eyeballs on it at any given time, and more importantly can be linked to from or embedded in any article discussing this upcoming title, much like this one you’re commenting on. All of the current titles available are already heavily presented in the TV app. Not to mention how many users out there do not currently have or are aware they have or can have the ATV app on their device.