Ben Stiller thriller 'Severance' starring Adam Scott coming to Apple TV+

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited December 2019
A ten-episode thriller from Endeavor Content titled 'Severance' is in development for Apple TV+, with Hollywood star Ben Stiller directing the show and actor Adam Scott set to take the starring role in the straight-to-streaming production.

Ben Stiller in 'Zoolander 2'
Ben Stiller in 'Zoolander 2'

Set in the workplace of Lumen Industries, a firm working on altering the work-life balance of potential customers, 'Severance' will tell the story of Mark, an employee who has a dark past that is trying to rebuild his life.

Scott has been named by The Hollywood Reporter as taking the role of Mark, following earlier roles in HBO's "Big Little Lies," Fox's "Ghosted", and "The Good Place" from NBC. He is currently the only actor linked to a performing role in the Apple TV+ project so far.

Stiller will be serving as director and an executive producer, alongside Chris Black who previously worked on "Outcast" and "Desperate Housewives." Nicky Weinstock and Jackie Cohn of Red Hour Productions, Stiller's production company, will also be on hand as executive producers.

Dan Erickson, the creator of the series, will also take an executive producer role, as well as writing the scripts for the show. Lastly, star Scott will receive a producer credit for the series.

Given scrips are still being refined for the show, it may be quite a while before it eventually makes its way to Apple TV+.

Endeavor Content has reportedly worked on the show for a number of months, with WME and IMG providing financing and sales efforts for the company. This is not Endeavor Content's only show for Apple TV+, with it also producing Jason Momoa vehicle "See" and the upcoming "Truth be Told."

A division of the larger Endeavor organization, Endeavor Content is less of a production company and more as an agency-style firm that brings content creators to networks. Launched in 2017, it is already well-established, having financed, packaged, or sold more than 100 shows and films, including "The Night Manager," "The Young Pope," "La La Land," and "Killing Eve."
15ngcs1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    The 2001 high schooler in me would like to point out, that that photo is definitely from Zoolander (1).
    SpamSandwichrazorpitfastasleepStrangeDays
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Blue Steel!
    SpamSandwichStrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 13
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Comedian is talented if he can pull this off.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    One of the things I like about streaming services as opposed to FTA is single season stories, particularly if it is based on a book. It ends up a better story than if compressed into a movie.
    razorpit15ngcs1
  • Reply 5 of 13
    So it’s a Stiller Thriller.
    SpamSandwichrazorpitright_said_fredn2itivguyStrangeDays15ngcs1
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Wish he’d revive The Ben Stiller Show. 
    razorpit
  • Reply 7 of 13
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    So it’s a Stiller Thriller.
    Under the right sponsorship it could be the Miller Stiller Thriller Hour.
    n2itivguySpamSandwich
  • Reply 8 of 13
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    I've like Scott in all the above listed titles of his, and hope he can pull this off. If it turns out he's going to be a bad guy, I'm out.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    kubeltime said:
    The 2001 high schooler in me would like to point out, that that photo is definitely from Zoolander (1).
    Yep. It's even in the trailer at the 34 second mark.

• Reply 10 of 13
    Sounds like the shows will keep coming. Personally my house has more shows than time, so I really don't care that there is no back catalog (then again I remember HBO when you could only see what was being aired and it didn't have a back catalog either). Plus for $0 or $5 the price is right. 

Also amused at how completely wrong the rumors of "G-Rated Tim" editing scripts were -- the first 5 mins of Morning Show drop the F-bomb all over, and one of the main character's nickname is "Two Fucks Jackson". So, yeah, nice one to all the people who blasted an imaginary Cook/Apple over an imaginary story.
    edited November 2019 15ngcs1robin huber
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Been enjoying all the new shows on TV+. As good as the best of other streamers, but with superior picture quality. 
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Yet more content for kids. A few dozen hours, and almost nothing for adults. I forgot to stop my trial, so I will have to pay a month of this amateurish service. I saw the only barely viewable content (mankind, morning) in about three days. Years waiting for Apple to come with this, and it lasted... 3 days. To make things worse, you can't fast forward or the sound, subtitles and image all go out of sync (it happens every time, and with my TV box!); the menu is miserable, paid content offered of third parties is more prominent than apple's own content, etc. Gosh.... And about the scarce viewable shows: are they made by a committee? An opening with balls dancing in 'morning show' as it would have been done by Ive (I missed Tim and his "good moooorning!..."); boring, "no offenses here" scripts; and all of it as chauvinist as it can be. Back to Netflix, to real cinema and tons of creativity from all over the world. What a deception!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    mieswall said:
    Yet more content for kids. A few dozen hours, and almost nothing for adults. I forgot to stop my trial, so I will have to pay a month of this amateurish service. I saw the only barely viewable content (mankind, morning) in about three days. Years waiting for Apple to come with this, and it lasted... 3 days. To make things worse, you can't fast forward or the sound, subtitles and image all go out of sync (it happens every time, and with my TV box!); the menu is miserable, paid content offered of third parties is more prominent than apple's own content, etc. Gosh.... And about the scarce viewable shows: are they made by a committee? An opening with balls dancing in 'morning show' as it would have been done by Ive (I missed Tim and his "good moooorning!..."); boring, "no offenses here" scripts; and all of it as chauvinist as it can be. Back to Netflix, to real cinema and tons of creativity from all over the world. What a deception!
    Your post has so many ridiculous comments, but what is the most laugh out loud ridiculous is that you somehow expected that because you've been waiting "years" for something that you didn't think you could binge watch it with fast forwarding through it and have it somehow last as long as you've been waiting for it.