Apple predicted to launch 16-inch MacBook Pro this week

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    I going to order the lowest model with the most RAM, highest video card option and in the middle range SSD for doing internet surfing!  I think it may cost me $2,500+!  Top of the line model got to be around $4K+!
    edited November 2019
  • Reply 42 of 43
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    wizard69 said:
    d_2 said:
    Thinking ... there must be something truly new with this laptop - Apple would not be holding media briefings for demos of the often mentioned potential changes:  a relatively standard keyboard, a processor bump and/or screen size increase of ~ 0.6”.
    I’d be amazed if they did anything more than phone it in.    The Mac line simply doesn’t get proper attention.  

On the other land there is huge potential.  I’d love a logon via video just like iPhone.   Even better if it could automatically recognize  authorized users. 
    macs already do if you are wearing your apple watch
    Not mine, at least not without resetting the preferences in Security and rebooting every few weeks...  :(
  • Reply 43 of 43
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    sflocal said:
    mcdave said:
    I don’t get the obsession with this. What are they going to announce?

WE’VE FIXED THE KEYBOARD WOO HOO! - no.

WE’VE BUMPED THE SCREEN AN INCH, WHOOP WHOOP! - er, no.

New screen tech, form factor, processor architecture sure.  Is OLED/MicroLED ready? Is their core pro product the right one to switch to ARM first? (Too much 3rd party software risk). Have they got a new modular/stick-based upgradable design in the pipeline?  Maybe a T3 with Afterburner lite or an Apple dGPU built in, new iPad Pros, pro Displays, iCloud Pro. These would warrant an event.

Do Apple ever hold events for non-innovation?
    Man... I was getting a headache reading your rant.

No one really cares.  It'll be a great machine for the majority of users.
    mcdave said:

New screen tech, form factor, processor architecture sure.  Is OLED/MicroLED ready? Is their core pro product the right one to switch to ARM first? (Too much 3rd party software risk). Have they got a new modular/stick-based upgradable design in the pipeline?  Maybe a T3 with Afterburner lite or an Apple dGPU built in, new iPad Pros, pro Displays, iCloud Pro. These would warrant an event.

Who's obsessed? How is this different from any other rumors of an Apple hardware announcement? All we know to expect is the new screen and new keyboard design, both of which have a lot of people excited. Anything above and beyond that would be a surprise. Nobody is expecting an event, but it is the first significant change in design since 2016.

"non-innovation" GTFOOH.
    mcdave said:

If you don’t believe Apple innovates, you haven’t been paying attention. As for laptops, it’s a very mature product category, what sort of completely-new innovation are you expecting? What am I overlooking on all my work-issued Dells? Why isn’t my Dell retina? Why doesn’t it have TouchID? Why is it so thick? Why does its fan constantly blow when idle or simply using the file system? Etc etc...
    Apparently Apple agreed (forgive my asinine assonance). Nice update though.