Apple releases macOS 10.15.2 beta 3 to developers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2020
Keeping to its roughly weekly release schedule, Apple has seeded a third beta build of macOS Catalina 10.15.2 to developers for testing.

A new third beta of macOS Catalina 10.15.2 is now available to developers as an over the air updated for devices enrolled in the Apple Developer Center. While not yet available, a public beta update will be issued shortly for users participating in the Apple Beta Software Program.

This third beta comes after the second one was released on November 13. Apple's developer notes for that release reported that the chief update was to specific networking issues. Apple added the key website top-level domains .dev and .app to its implementation of the HTTP Strict Transport Security system to help safe browsing.

The prior first beta, released November 7, had more updates including additional eGPU support, improvements to Photos, and a fix for an Apple Pay bug.

At this stage, it is unknown what changes Apple has made in this third beta.

Both AppleInsider and Apple itself strongly recommend users don't install the betas on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the remote possibility of data loss or other issues. Instead, testers should install betas onto secondary or non-essential devices, and to make sure there are sufficient backups of important data before updating.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Have they fixed the problem with Mail that deletes emails that are moved between folders?
    MplsPcaladanian
  • Reply 2 of 17
    SHKSHK Posts: 25member
    I hope this release fixes the broken (iTunes) remote app so it can control the Music app on my iMac! 

This has been BROKEN since Catalina was released.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Have they fixed the problem with Mail that deletes emails that are moved between folders?
    Ditto - I’ve been waiting to upgrade any of my Macs until I know Mail is fixed. I don’t care what features it may have, if a core function like Mail is broken or not 100% reliable it’s a nonstarter. 
    caladanian
  • Reply 4 of 17
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Safari is much snappier!
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Hope they fix the finder syncing with iPhone. 
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Hope it fixes the eGpu issues. And the Watch not unlocking my MacBook Pro any more.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    NOPE. 10.15.2 doesn't appear to fix enough bugs for me, so I'll hold on to Mojave and wait for 10.15.3 I've read about too many nightmares with Catalina, I'll keep waiting before I take the plunge.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    macOSguy said:
    NOPE. 10.15.2 doesn't appear to fix enough bugs for me, so I'll hold on to Mojave and wait for 10.15.3 I've read about too many nightmares with Catalina, I'll keep waiting before I take the plunge.
    What bugs are you referring to?  I am running 10.15.2 Beta (19C46a) and haven't seen any so far.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Cold187Cold187 Posts: 4unconfirmed, member
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    What bugs are you referring to?  I am running 10.15.2 Beta (19C46a) and haven't seen any so far.
    Catalina Photos/iCloud synchronization has been an absolute disaster
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Cold187 said:
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    Weird Photos/iCloud syncing is fine for me.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Cold187 said:
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    Have you tried the standard fix for this, i.e. disengage devives from iCloud and reconnect?  
    edited November 2019
  • Reply 12 of 17
    MacPro said:
    Cold187 said:
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    Have you tried the standard fix for this, i.e. disengage devives from iCloud and reconnect?  
    The Issue I have is syncing using the Finder between an iPhone and a Mac, not using iCloud. Results are photo duplicates on the phone, and Finder sync status is not correct.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    MacPro said:
    Cold187 said:
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    The Issue I have is syncing using the Finder between an iPhone and a Mac, not using iCloud. Results are photo duplicates on the phone, and Finder sync status is not correct.
    I wonder why I am not seeing this?  My iPhone is on the latest iOS (non beta ) but I have a 2019  iMac 27 i9 5K and a 2018 MBP both running the latest developer betas of macOS and everything syncs fine between them. 
    edited November 2019
  • Reply 14 of 17
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    MacPro said:
    MacPro said:
    Cold187 said:
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    I wonder why I am not seeing this?  My iPhone is on the latest iOS (non beta ) but I have a 2019  iMac 27 i9 5K and a 2018 MBP both running the latest developer betas of macOS and everything syncs fine between them. 
    Because it’s a big, and like most bugs it’s inconsistent. The ones that happen all the time are easy to catch and fix. The inconsistent ones much harder. It’s not unlike your car making a squeak so you take it to the shop and the mechanic says they can’t fix it because it doesn’t make the sound for them. 
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Funny Catalina is at 10.15.2 beta 3 but still no Public beta?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Funny Catalina is at 10.15.2 beta 3 but still no Public beta?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    MplsP said:
    MacPro said:
    MacPro said:
    Cold187 said:
    MacPro said:
    macOSguy said:
    Because it’s a big, and like most bugs it’s inconsistent. The ones that happen all the time are easy to catch and fix. The inconsistent ones much harder. It’s not unlike your car making a squeak so you take it to the shop and the mechanic says they can’t fix it because it doesn’t make the sound for them. 
    The exact point I was trying to make very gently, it might be their setups not Catalina.