Apple shifts iOS 14 development strategy to cut buggy releases

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    jdw said:
    melgross said:
    McJobs said:
    Time to bring Forstall back as Chief Software Technology Officer. He worked for Steve for almost 20 years and knows Apple’s software inside out.
    Well, he was responsible for the Maps debacle, and was disliked within Apple, so—no.
    Steve Jobs was disliked by most people he insulted, and he too made mistakes. Yet no one would say Apple was better off without him. It's also interesting to reflect on the story of how Steve Jobs literally saved Scott Forstall's life. He's been away from Apple long enough for him to Think Different. And goodness knows Apple has been Thinking Different since the death of Jobs, and not all for the better. (Wherefore art thou, SD card slot, on MacBooks called "PRO"?) I say bring Forstall back. Apple needs a good kick in the pants and he has the grit to do it, especially while Cook is out playing politics most of the time now. I like Apple like the rest of you, but I'm no yes-man who worships the status quo in Cupertino. It's time to rock the boat.
    Scott doesn’t seem to want to come back. He’s also stated very quiet in the meantime which I suppose is driven by a NDA. 
  • Reply 42 of 43
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Good, a philosophy that should of been implemented from the start. iOS already has so many features that many don’t even use, that it would be better now to prioritize reliability, performance and bug busting before they get out into the wild. 
    edited November 2019
  • Reply 43 of 43
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,381member
    asdasd said:
    jdw said:
    melgross said:
    McJobs said:
    Time to bring Forstall back as Chief Software Technology Officer. He worked for Steve for almost 20 years and knows Apple’s software inside out.
    Well, he was responsible for the Maps debacle, and was disliked within Apple, so—no.
    Steve Jobs was disliked by most people he insulted, and he too made mistakes. Yet no one would say Apple was better off without him. It's also interesting to reflect on the story of how Steve Jobs literally saved Scott Forstall's life. He's been away from Apple long enough for him to Think Different. And goodness knows Apple has been Thinking Different since the death of Jobs, and not all for the better. (Wherefore art thou, SD card slot, on MacBooks called "PRO"?) I say bring Forstall back. Apple needs a good kick in the pants and he has the grit to do it, especially while Cook is out playing politics most of the time now. I like Apple like the rest of you, but I'm no yes-man who worships the status quo in Cupertino. It's time to rock the boat.
    Scott doesn’t seem to want to come back. He’s also stated very quiet in the meantime which I suppose is driven by a NDA. 
    While Tim Cook is still at Apple, who could blame him!  It's literally impossible for him to return now.  But when Cook is gone, well...  Watch out for Forstall!
    asdasd