Apple halts iOS 13.2.2 code signing following release of iOS 13.2.3

Posted:
in iOS edited December 2019
Following the release of iOS 13.2.3 in November, Apple on Monday stopped signing code for iOS 13.2.2 to ensure iPhone and iPad users are running the most up-to-date operating system.

iOS 13
iOS 13

The halt to iOS 13.2.2 code signing arrives roughly two weeks after Apple issued iOS 13.2.3 in mid-November.

Apple's latest iOS version launched alongside iPadOS 13.2.3 to fix issues with Messages and Mail, as well as a problem that caused apps running in the background to close unexpectedly. Prior to release, users reported system management issues that forced apps to shut down or refresh in the background despite only moderate foreground RAM usage.

With the change, users can no longer download iOS 13.2.2 from Apple servers.

Apple routinely stops signing legacy code after the release of a new iOS build in part to protect customers from nefarious actors attempting to take advantage of newly discovered vulnerabilities. In addition to security, preventing users from downloading older code allows Apple to keep more iOS devices on the latest, feature-rich software.

Apple is currently testing a beta version of iOS 13.3, which delivers Safari compatibility with NFC, USB and Lightning security keys compatible with the WebAuthn standard. The upcoming update also includes a handful of minor graphical tweaks and bug fixes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Re-sign the last version of iOS 12, please. There’s too many annoying bugs in iOS 13.
    razorpit
  • Reply 2 of 9
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    sjworld said:
    Re-sign the last version of iOS 12, please. There’s too many annoying bugs in iOS 13.
    Suck it up!

Sincerely,

Tim
    watto_cobrarazorpit
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I was really missing the forum over the Thanksgiving weekend. Posts 1 & 2 are such a welcome relief!! The forum is back with a bang!
    edited December 2019 razorpit
  • Reply 4 of 9
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,886member
    The only bug I’ve run into in 13 is rotating issues with iPad’s home screen. It often snaps to the wrong orientation. This one I reported during the betas but it’s still here for me. 
  • Reply 5 of 9
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Has the background app issue been COMPLETELY resolved now? I keep seeing references to it not being totally fixed.

Also: If I don’t use Exchange servers, or GMail, (just regular IMAP on a server), is the iOS 13.x Mail app now reliable again?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    sjworld said:
    What an idiotic comment. iOS13 is such a massive upgrade over 12. And recent versions hardly have any bugs. I use my phone for HOURS a day and haven't experienced a single bug in weeks. It's extremely stable. Also, even if iOS12 is re-signed, it's technically impossible to restore a backup from a newer OS to an older OS. What a worthless, lazy troll, that's par the course every single time this topic is made.
    edited December 2019
  • Reply 7 of 9
    slurpy said:
    sjworld said:
    What an idiotic comment. iOS13 is such a massive upgrade over 12. And recent versions hardly have any bugs. I use my phone for HOURS a day and haven't experienced a single bug in weeks. It's extremely stable. Also, even if iOS12 is re-signed, it's technically impossible to restore a backup from a newer OS to an older OS. What a worthless, lazy troll, that's par the course every single time this topic is made.
    Just because you haven’t had any issues, does not mean that nobody else will. Save your shitty insults for your mother there, bud.
    razorpit
  • Reply 8 of 9
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    dysamoria said:
    Has the background app issue been COMPLETELY resolved now? I keep seeing references to it not being totally fixed.

Also: If I don’t use Exchange servers, or GMail, (just regular IMAP on a server), is the iOS 13.x Mail app now reliable again?
    I have one grill thermometer app that reloads an awful lot and often doesn’t give the alerts it should. Haven’t researched it completely though. Could be the app itself.