US lawmaker asks Apple if it requires apps like TikTok to disclose foreign affiliation

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,328member
    I need to remind everyone here that it is the US Federal Government that was responsible for the vast majority of the leakage of personal American data through an insecure department of interior database that was hacked by the Chinese (tens of millions of records).
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jcs2305 said:
    jd_in_sb said:
    jcs2305 said:
    TikTok isn’t a gay dating app It’s a video app comparable to Vine from a few years back.  So it seems they are concerned specifically with apps owned by Chinese companies, which both of the apps mentioned happen to be. 
    The article also says Congress is concerned about the Grindr app
    I read the article thanks..  If you read the article my comment wouldn't be hard to understand.  I think it is being Chinese owned is the connection, not gay dating apps being targeted.  Which both Grindr and TickTok are..chinese owned..according to the article.

Seemingly at the center of Lynch's concerns are TikTok and Grindr, both of which are owned by Chinese companies.

Yeh, and Trump has fingered China as the current bad guy to distract from the bad behavior of Russia, Saudi Arabia and Turkey and himself.  It seems to be working well for him.
    China has topped the human rights violators list for decades, long before Trump. They’re an awful authoritative regime that has no qualms about running dissidents over with tanks, imprisoning religious minorities, disappearances, forced organ harvesting, currency manipulation, surveillance, etc etc.

I studied with the Uyghurs in China in university in the late ‘90s and this isn’t new today or remotely related to the current administration. So why do you constantly defend and promote China? What’s your motivation?

Nah -- that was Trump who took kids away from their parents put them in cages and who calls Nazis "very fine people".  And its us who watch children gunned down in schools and do nothing...

And, why do you and Trump ignore all human rights violations around the world -- such as those in Russia, Saudi Arabia and the Phillipines -- and focus only on unsupported allegations against China?  Why did these supposed human rights violations only become an issue under Trump?   Could there be a political agenda masquerading as a do-gooder here?  You know -- like how Bush painted Iraq as the bad guys so he could justify his aggression against them?

Yes, we've seen these tactics before.

If you really cared about human rights you would be trying to get those kids out of their cages -- or at least get them a bar of soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste.  Those aren't allegations about something happening in another country half way around the world.   Those are happening right here -- but that doesn't seem to be a problem to all those trying to target China.
    You just won the Most Clueless Post of the Day Award. Congrats!
    mobird
  • Reply 23 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    jcs2305 said:
    jd_in_sb said:
    jcs2305 said:
    TikTok isn’t a gay dating app It’s a video app comparable to Vine from a few years back.  So it seems they are concerned specifically with apps owned by Chinese companies, which both of the apps mentioned happen to be. 
    The article also says Congress is concerned about the Grindr app
    I read the article thanks..  If you read the article my comment wouldn't be hard to understand.  I think it is being Chinese owned is the connection, not gay dating apps being targeted.  Which both Grindr and TickTok are..chinese owned..according to the article.

Seemingly at the center of Lynch's concerns are TikTok and Grindr, both of which are owned by Chinese companies.

Yeh, and Trump has fingered China as the current bad guy to distract from the bad behavior of Russia, Saudi Arabia and Turkey and himself.  It seems to be working well for him.
    China has topped the human rights violators list for decades, long before Trump. They’re an awful authoritative regime that has no qualms about running dissidents over with tanks, imprisoning religious minorities, disappearances, forced organ harvesting, currency manipulation, surveillance, etc etc.

I studied with the Uyghurs in China in university in the late ‘90s and this isn’t new today or remotely related to the current administration. So why do you constantly defend and promote China? What’s your motivation?

Nah -- that was Trump who took kids away from their parents put them in cages and who calls Nazis "very fine people".  And its us who watch children gunned down in schools and do nothing...

And, why do you and Trump ignore all human rights violations around the world -- such as those in Russia, Saudi Arabia and the Phillipines -- and focus only on unsupported allegations against China?  Why did these supposed human rights violations only become an issue under Trump?   Could there be a political agenda masquerading as a do-gooder here?  You know -- like how Bush painted Iraq as the bad guys so he could justify his aggression against them?

Yes, we've seen these tactics before.

If you really cared about human rights you would be trying to get those kids out of their cages -- or at least get them a bar of soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste.  Those aren't allegations about something happening in another country half way around the world.   Those are happening right here -- but that doesn't seem to be a problem to all those trying to target China.
    You just won the Most Clueless Post of the Day Award. Congrats!
    Uh Oh  -- It's only clueless to KoolAid drinking Trump supporters.

• Reply 24 of 25
    mobirdmobird Posts: 758member

Maybe Trump should ask Obama for the keys to the cages.
    edited December 2019
  • Reply 25 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    mobird said:

Maybe Trump should ask Obama for the keys to the cages.
    "Maybe Trump should ask Obama for the keys to the cages."  ?????

LOL... What flavor was your Kool-Aid?